Weird shaped rings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sploo

Reaction score
Hey geeks , so I did a new client today, removed old rings ( tubes) from previous install by her last tech and install my mini locks. Her old rings were a really weird shape I had a right nightmare getting them out! I haven't come across this before. They were bent in the middle? Almost folded back on them selves so sharp edges and when I flattened them out and tried to pop open the ring they kept bending again is anyone familiar with this method??

Do you have any pictures?

No, wish I had taken some now. I have a spare set of pliers that I ordered while I was waiting for my replacement pair though and they are a weird shape. I think it's something like this she has used as I can't think how else she would have got them like that! I'll get a pic x

No, wish I had taken some now. I have a spare set of pliers that I ordered while I was waiting for my replacement pair though and they are a weird shape. I think it's something like this she has used as I can't think how else she would have got them like that! I'll get a pic x
Yea more than likely...and also sounds like a pain...but bit if there bent like that was the hair Linked? Surely could cause some damage? X

I think she must have used something like this??
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1502020958.948840.jpg

So the links were in that U shape ? Has anyone seen this before? And what is this tools purpose anyway ??' An I missing something? [emoji38]

I think she must have used something like this?? View attachment 205666
One of My pliers have something like that on them to....never have used it for anything other than once or twice breaking a link open if it's awkward.

Hardly used that to tighten them lol

Still baffled... tried searching online to see if I could find any links that shape but not one! I'm guessing this girl wasn't trained then [emoji31]

Latest posts

Back