Weirdly indecisive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

House Beauty

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had a real oddball today and I'm pretty certain she's going to complain tomorrow so thought I'd get one step ahead and see what you think.

I've been spray tanning for 8 years. Had anew lady today.

My clients book online so she received her booking confirmation, my awesome instructions for before and after and some extra nice things I like to include.

She comes in wearing makeup and asking to be cheeky and have some of my cotton pads to take it off with her oily remover. I was like..and so it begins.

My clients these days are exactly to my target market, they follow my words like gospel, they do it all right and I barely ever need to give additional explanations as they have usually memorised it and just asked if they aren't sure. They are big on prep and aftercare excellence and love that they have access to it as they've not been told it before. Which is great as they are exactly the right clients for me. But it’s been years and years since anyone didn’t have an interest in it and didn’t follow stuff. I know not everyone is target market clientele and it’s just mademe realise how well I’ve been doing. So anyway...she’s clearly not like my usuals..

So her makeup wasn't an issue, I recommended a prep spray to ensure perfect pH, makeup removal, no residue or sweat as it's a hot day. She happily agreed. Seemed fine but then she was very odd. Frosty and cold and moody. Like not happy to be here. She removed her makeup with the sprayed cotton pads I gave her before I did pre spray, and she had makeup she was removing all down the back of her neck. Odd. Wasn't anything there to cover up, she said she likes to hide the orange line around her face from foundation. Said she only wears really dark foundation. She was wearing rather fair foundation though.

Then this happened (in short)

Me: have you had a tan before?
Her: yes
Me: what sort of shade of tan do you want?
Her: not lightest, medium, but not quite medium. Definitely dont want to be dark.
Me: Ok. I dont like to go too dark the first time anyway, so how about ome step up from the lightest, its exactly between light and medium?
Her: hmm yeah but more medium.
Me: ok medium yes? (Mixes it, she gets in tent)
Her: It will be darker than medium won't it? I like it more than medium
Me: (wtf) no, but I can add some booster drops to bring it up a level to a medium and a bit
Her: ok
Me: (adds drops & sprays her).
Her: it will get darker won't it?
Me: yes, this is just bronzer so I can see where I'm spraying. It will develop overnight.
Her: ok. (Gets dressed)
Me: (takes payment).
Her: it will be dark won't it? Its very light and I like it really dark.
Me: (wtf). To clarify, no. You said when you arrived you wanted less than medium, Definitely not dark, but not the lightest, I mixed it, you said you wanted it more than medium, I added in drops. Then you are now saying you want it dark. So It will be medium with a little boost because that is what you asked me for and I sprayed you with, which will develop overnight.
Her: Thank you. Bye.
Me: wtf
Husband comes home: oh i thought you were working becayse of the new shoes
Me: huh no theres nobody here. What shoes
Him: these shoes
Me: shes hidden her shoes (she was crouching like she was putting them on when she was leaving). Actually hidden them so i walked past them to go into the other room.

I text her to get her shoes and she said to throw them away.

I had my suspicions that shewas up to something already but now she seems to have intentionally left her shoes so she can come back for them and try for a refund for her ‘not dark enough’ tan.

Why do i attract people like this

Seriously though tell me this doesn't just happen to me

:D:D:D
Sorry...but you have to see the funny side.
I often get these 'unusual' ones...thought it was just me.
I guess it's just the nature of the game....some good, some bad....and some just....o_O

Hi all,

Had a real oddball today and I'm pretty certain she's going to complain tomorrow so thought I'd get one step ahead and see what you think.

My clients book online so she received her booking confirmation, my awesome instructions for before and after and some extra nice things I like to include.

She comes in wearing makeup and asking to be cheeky and have some of my cotton pads to take it off with her oily remover. I was like..and so it begins.

My clients these days are exactly to my target market, they follow my words like gospel, they do it all right and I barely ever need to give additional explanations as they have usually memorised it and just asked if they aren't sure. They are big on prep and aftercare excellence and love that they have access to it as they've not been told it before. Which is great as they are exactly the right clients for me. But it’s been years and years since anyone didn’t have an interest in it and didn’t follow stuff. I know not everyone is target market clientele and it’s just mademe realise how well I’ve been doing. So anyway...she’s clearly not like my usuals..

So her makeup wasn't an issue, I recommended a prep spray to ensure perfect pH, makeup removal, no residue or sweat as it's a hot day. She happily agreed. Seemed fine but then she was very odd. Frosty and cold and moody. Like not happy to be here. She removed her makeup with the sprayed cotton pads I gave her before I did pre spray, and she had makeup she was removing all down the back of her neck. Odd. Wasn't anything there to cover up, she said she likes to hide the orange line around her face from foundation. Said she only wears really dark foundation. She was wearing rather fair foundation though.

Her: not lightest, medium, but not quite medium. Definitely dont want to be dark.
Me: Ok. I dont like to go too dark the first time anyway, so how about ome step up from the lightest, its exactly between light and medium?
Me: (wtf) no, but I can add some booster drops to bring it up a level to a medium and a bit
Me: yes, this is just bronzer so I can see where I'm spraying. It will develop overnight.
Me: (wtf). To clarify, no. You said when you arrived you wanted less than medium, Definitely not dark, but not the lightest, I mixed it, you said you wanted it more than medium, I added in drops. Then you are now saying you want it dark. So It will be medium with a little boost because that is what you asked me for and I sprayed you with, which will develop overnight.
Me: shes hidden her shoes (she was crouching like she was putting them on when she was leaving). Actually hidden them so i walked past them to go into the other room.

I had my suspicions that shewas up to something already but now she seems to have intentionally left her shoes so she can come back for them and try for a refund for her ‘not dark enough’ tan.

oh my god you have had an experience haha, i would firstly check your shoes she must of left with something on her feet lol. she may have been drunk or something drugs maybe lol but i tell you what you have done well to have been tanning all them years and only had one odd ball xx

oh my god you have had an experience haha, i would firstly check your shoes she must of left with something on her feet lol. she may have been drunk or something drugs maybe lol but i tell you what you have done well to have been tanning all them years and only had one odd ball xx

Haha thankfully not phew! I ran to check

Omg.. haha how crazy.. I can't believe some people..

OMG this is actually really really creepy :eek: xx

Hi all,

please update us.... did she come back for the shoes?? did she go home barefoot?! lol xx

Yes please update.......or we will have to assume she was hiding in your house and now has you and your partner tied up in a basement :eek: xx

please update us.... did she come back for the shoes?? did she go home barefoot?! lol xx

Nope, she never came back. I waited a week and they are now in my charity donations box. When I really thought about it, she had really made me feel so uncomfortable in my own home so I just turned off her online bookings for my own peace of mind. She had been constantly texting for like 3 weeks before I met her and started up again after so I thought best to not encourage it.

She sounds really creepy. At least she didnt kidnap you. Me and my imagination :D:p

Latest posts

Back