Weleda and “expanding in unintended directions”

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicster

Reaction score
Hi!
First time I’ve started a thread! It’s not technically salon related but it kinda is, and you guys are the friendliest most helpful forum I’ve found.

We (husband and I) are Soft Tissue Therapists. Kinda like sports massage but way better. So we fix aches, pains, chronic pain using various bodywork techniques inc the afore mentioned massage.

We don’t really have products to sell. We sell our time and our skill - although we occasionally sell support tape for injuries and a couple of little rehab things. There’s no profit margin in it due to heavy online discounting but the odd customer appreciates it.

As well as treating injuries, we offer some relaxing Swedish massage. Again we just sell time.

However, after injuring myself I took my own advice and bought some arnica shower gel from Weleda. It was really helpful. They’re also a good fit for our holistic approach. Does anyone sell their products and would you buy it if you went for a massage?

I was also thinking I’d look to do some of the facial stuff, I can’t charge for it but I can encourage people to buy it on the way out. I can also use the body oil for massage which might help with selling it.

I think it’ll “make the boat go faster”, but what do others think please?

Hello there,
I do not use Weleda products so have no experience of those products sorry. However there are many holistic products that are probably just as effective. It is a sad fact that we aren't able to compete with the online retail discounts given.

Neals yard remedies may be something that you could look into, perhaps consider offering holistic facials to expand your client base and thus have an easier sell for the retail products. ( one of my friends is solely an holistic therapist and did her add on training with them)
They are also offering a face rejuvenation 1 day course which wll lead on from your current expertise easily.
Amphora Aromatics- trade and retail suppliers. I have stocked these essential oils and used the moisturisers/ arnica gel/ rose gel/ and frankincense and rose moisturiser in my holistic facials for 25 years now. I don't retail because I am hopeless at selling......I like to do the treatment and not hard sell. That's just me, perhaps a bit too lazy.
You mentioned that you had an injury, ouch!, I am full of arthritic joints because of my genetics and career of 37 years massaging, bending over clients, waxing back to back treatments over the years , So now you may want to consider something seated for a change and look into the holistic/ lymphatic facial/ accupressure facial to help make your boat go faster. Your hubbie could take up some more of your work and your venture could serve you well in the future....who knows.?
I am sure other geeks will be more able to help you out, it is such a supportive forum. I really wish you well.

Latest posts

Back