Well less french white tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanned85

Reaction score
I thought that all french white tips were well less but i have just found some that have a well :confused: they dont get blended, why are some well less and some not? x

The tips with a well will mean no ridge under the nail where the natural nail meets the well - it will be smooth underneath with nowhere for dirt to collect (so long as the natural nail is shaped correctly to fit the well).

A well-less tip will always have a ridge under the nail where the natural nail stops and the tip continues above it.

You can get both well & well-less tips in natural & colours. You need to remember that the coloured tips should be placed at the correct part of the nail to look right so sometimes a well-less tip is better as it is able to be placed wherever you want to place it but when using a well tip the natural nail should fill the well and leave the tip in the correct place, filing the natural nail can make this work with longer nails but with short or bitten nails there isn't enough nail to fit a well tip correctly so the well can collect dirt & germs etc....

Some people will prefer to use just well tips others just well-less tips and then there will be people that use both. Both are available to give you the tech the choice to use whichever you feel will do the best job in the circumstances you find yourself in.

The tips with a well will mean no ridge under the nail where the natural nail meets the well - it will be smooth underneath with nowhere for dirt to collect (so long as the natural nail is shaped correctly to fit the well).

A well-less tip will always have a ridge under the nail where the natural nail stops and the tip continues above it.

You can get both well & well-less tips in natural & colours. You need to remember that the coloured tips should be placed at the correct part of the nail to look right so sometimes a well-less tip is better as it is able to be placed wherever you want to place it but when using a well tip the natural nail should fill the well and leave the tip in the correct place, filing the natural nail can make this work with longer nails but with short or bitten nails there isn't enough nail to fit a well tip correctly so the well can collect dirt & germs etc....

Some people will prefer to use just well tips others just well-less tips and then there will be people that use both. Both are available to give you the tech the choice to use whichever you feel will do the best job in the circumstances you find yourself in.

So your saying if a nail is short or bitten then a well less tip should be used?? I have always used the tips with a well in for short nails and kept the french white well less tips for nails that are a bit longer :confused:

I personally find that if a nail is very short and you use a well tip the white is in the wrong place as there is not enough nailbed showing and this makes the nails/fingers look stumpy.

I find that by using a well-less tip you can place the white closer to the tip of the nail and make it look more like it's supposed to (2/3 nail bed to 1/3 white tip), you do need to ensure that any tip you apply has enough nail to attach to so it stays on though.

On really short nails I usually use natural tips to apply the length and then use a white gel or nail varnish to create the smile line in the correct place as a white tip just wouldn't look right.

There is no hard & fast rule of when to use a well tip or a well-less tip but in my experience I find well-less more suited to short nails. I usually file a longer natural nail back so that the well tip will leave the smile line of a white tip in the correct place. If the client doesn't want their natural nails filed back then I would use a well-less tip to allow me to place it further down the nail than a well tip would go so that the smile line is in the correct place.

Latest posts

Back