Well-less tips v alternative

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calb84

Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents, I just wondered what the benefit of well-less tips are? Are they easier to use/blend than the welled ones? xo:eek:

Hi ladies and gents, I just wondered what the benefit of well-less tips are? Are they easier to use/blend than the welled ones? xo:eek:
Well you don't blend them so they are quicker to use and the client has less chance of having her nails damaged by some person who doesn't know how to blend a tip without filing the natural nail.

We blend tips to get rid of the excess plastic in the well area. If it is not there in the first place, there is no need for blending!

Well less tips are trickier to adhere and they are not suitable for every nail type.

Thankyou very much :biggrin:

Well you don't blend them so they are quicker to use and the client has less chance of having her nails damaged by some person who doesn't know how to blend a tip without filing the natural nail.

We blend tips to get rid of the excess plastic in the well area. If it is not there in the first place, there is no need for blending!

Well less tips are trickier to adhere and they are not suitable for every nail type.

Just a pointer - what nail type would you not use them on? Thank you

Just a pointer - what nail type would you not use them on? Thank you

I would not use them on irregular or misshaped nails and that includes nail biters as a tip with a well adds more stability and a more regular appearance to those types of nail plates.

I would not use them on irregular or misshaped nails and that includes nail biters as a tip with a well adds more stability and a more regular appearance to those types of nail plates.

Thank you x

Hi just a quick question for you Geeg, you seem to know so much about tips :biggrin:. I have some well-less tips at home and wanted some pointers on how to apply. Im confused as to how to apply them-as wouldnt they sit on top of the nail as opposed to blending which creates a smooth finish. In other word if you were using well-less tips and you applied them for a nail overlay, wouldnt you have to use more product to build the nail to make it smooth and level with the tip?? :o Thanks xx

Hi just a quick question for you Geeg, you seem to know so much about tips :biggrin:. I have some well-less tips at home and wanted some pointers on how to apply. Im confused as to how to apply them-as wouldnt they sit on top of the nail as opposed to blending which creates a smooth finish. In other word if you were using well-less tips and you applied them for a nail overlay, wouldnt you have to use more product to build the nail to make it smooth and level with the tip?? :o Thanks xx

I understand what you are saying but a good quality well-less tip should be thin enough that it would not be noticeable on top of the nail and beneath the normal amount of product.

If by chance you are using thick or bulky well-less tips, then you could do some pre-blending before you adhere them.

Latest posts

Back