Well less tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanned85

Reaction score
What if the client had no free edge?? Am i still able to use well less tips?

If you are using clear or natural looking tips it should work. You may have to file the sides a tad to get a good fit. Shouldn't be an issue at all. You will have to adjust your stress area a little further back to accomodate putting the tip further back on the nail.

If you are using white tips it may be an issue, but if you explain to the client that in a couple of weeks they will look perfect they may not mind. Or you can do silk extensions on the ends before applying the tips, but that will require more time and they would need to pay you more.

Ewww bad advice! Don't ever use white tips on very short nails. They look un professional and horrendous. You could use a natural well less tip, blend then use a pink masking powder up to wear the free edge should be and then use your white powder to create a smike line where it should be.

yes u absolutely can use no well tips. in fact i just did mine this way as i broke a few very very short...i used a clear no well tip, then used clear acrylic to the contact area to smooth from nail plate to the tip so no ridge at contact area...works beautifully!! you can do any design after this or extend the nail bed using cover powders or what ever the client wants.

hope this helps

Ewww bad advice! Don't ever use white tips on very short nails. They look un professional and horrendous. You could use a natural well less tip, blend then use a pink masking powder up to wear the free edge should be and then use your white powder to create a smike line where it should be.

If i use the natural well less tip on short nails will that not look silly aswel? as there will be a ridge and with them not being blended in you'll be able to see the? (if you know what i mean) :confused:

Even if you didn't blend the tip, an opaque powder would disguise it x

looking at this post again...i would honsetly have to say that depends on how short of a nailbed we are talking about here.. no free edge really isnt the point...you can have a no free edge where the end of the nail is still at the tip of the finger (still having a good full coverage of the nailbed) OR you can have no free edge where they are chewed/peeled back half way up the nailbed (leaving just mm of nail left). i believe it really depends on where your nailplate ends on the nailbed as to what color tip u can/should use.

what i posted before, i still believe is the best way...using clear where you can extend the nailbed using cover powders OR glitter fades to hide shortness of the nail...im only saying this because we dont know how long the nailbed is or the nail stops on it.

i hope that makes sense...

looking at this post again...i would honsetly have to say that depends on how short of a nailbed we are talking about here.. no free edge really isnt the point...you can have a no free edge where the end of the nail is still at the tip of the finger (still having a good full coverage of the nailbed) OR you can have no free edge where they are chewed/peeled back half way up the nailbed (leaving just mm of nail left). i believe it really depends on where your nailplate ends on the nailbed as to what color tip u can/should use.

what i posted before, i still believe is the best way...using clear where you can extend the nailbed using cover powders OR glitter fades to hide shortness of the nail...im only saying this because we dont know how long the nailbed is or the nail stops on it.

i hope that makes sense...

yep it does ;-) with me just starting out i dont have many different colours and things, i only have pink, clear and white powders at the minute, which i dont think will cover where i have put the tip :confused:

You will still need a masking powder even if u blended a full well tip onto a really short nail. Good practice for you x

You will still need a masking powder even if u blended a full well tip onto a really short nail. Good practice for you x

where abouts would i put the masking powder?

I didn't say to use white tips, but it would depend on how short the nails are. The OP said no free edge, didn't say bitten back to half a nail, so you can place the well less tips back enough towards the free edge so it doesn't look unprofessional or horrendous. Using a white tip would save a lot of time. When done properly it looks just as good as what you described to do. And the OP didn't say what tips she had.

Latest posts

Back