Wella 12/11 High lift colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi
Have just used 12/11 on my sisters hair as she wanted lighter tones through the top, the colour did come out nice considering she is a natural 4.
Question is can I add any more ash to it for next time i.e a mix or not as I know you can with other colours but not sure for the highlift ones. Can somebody advise me, as I dont use colour much these days and am unfamiliar with the things you can do when it comes to high lift colours. thanks

hi
yes you could add 0/11 or 0/81 to add more ash, i think about 4cm is enough for high lift tints, but not dead cert. don't mix high lift tints together though. glad it came out a nice colour, how blonde was it?
Jen

yes,you can mix more ash , but a warmer result as you have would probably grow out better as your client obviously has alot af natural warmth in her hair and she probably has the skin tone to match ,

Yes Excellent Ill use a bit of a mix tone next time then. I wouldnt say it was blonde at all, we were after a bit lighter than she had which is naturally about a level 4 BUT she had a semi colour on it previously of 66/07 colour touch about 5 weeks ago only.
so... yes it was slightly lighter at roots just to regrowth but nothing really noticable to her. Turned out a golden caramel hence looking to take out a bit of the warmth.
I did use 12/11 which I think is the high lift with the most ash. It does look nice although Id like it a bit less golden next time. She is pleased as we also took out more of the blonde that she had around the front and then added the lighter high lift on the top in weaved sections, so it looks natural.

yes,you can mix more ash , but a warmer result as you have would probably grow out better as your client obviously has alot af natural warmth in her hair and she probably has the skin tone to match ,

yes can see where you are coming from, although my sister is very pale complexion I think if I can get the shade just a little more ash not loads Id prob be happier Id prob start by adding just half of what has been suggested. As at the roots it is slightly brighter as it is virgin hair (regrowth) and that is a bit too golden still for my liking. It wouldnt hurt to try next time to add a bit of ash mixtone.

hi
yes you could add 0/11 or 0/81 to add more ash, i think about 4cm is enough for high lift tints, but not dead cert. don't mix high lift tints together though. glad it came out a nice colour, how blonde was it?
Jen
Hi thanks for that!

Latest posts

Back