Wella 12/81 toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimeelouise93

Reaction score
Has anyone used 12/81 wella koleston perfect as a toner on pre-lightened hair?

Its for me. I normally use bleach & 40vol and then richesse 10.21 but had the wella tech in salon and i prefered it after she done it!

However she toned with 10/1 & 10/69 but sallys didnt keep this. Prelightened with wella blonder, will 12/81 give a real ash effect? I dont mind grey. Its for me not a client.... xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Has anyone used 12/81 wella koleston perfect as a toner on pre-lightened hair?

Its for me. I normally use bleach & 40vol and then richesse 10.21 but had the wella tech in salon and i prefered it after she done it!

However she toned with 10/1 & 10/69 but sallys didnt keep this. Prelightened with wella blonder, will 12/81 give a real ash effect? I dont mind grey. Its for me not a client.... xx

I have. As a last resort it's meant to be! But you would need to use the Pastel developer. Bleach and 20vol is better. It's slower, lifts cleaner and kinder to the hair.

Otherwise, I would suggest using colour touch as a toner, or illumina.

Oh ive just mixed it with koleston 20vol?!

We will see what happens!just lucky its me, is there anywhere you can get the full range of illumina colours apart from a well rep? Sallys didnt have it :-( xx

You shouldn't be using bleach and 40 and shouldn't use a highlift to tone, use bleach and 20 then use what was used before x

I have. As a last resort it's meant to be! But you would need to use the Pastel developer. Bleach and 20vol is better. It's slower, lifts cleaner and kinder to the hair.

Otherwise, I would suggest using colour touch as a toner, or illumina.

is any illumina ok to use as toner? or only the 9/ and 10/?

thanks

is any illumina ok to use as toner? or only the 9/ and 10/?

thanks

It would depend on the depth of the hair after prelightening. Usually 8 and upwards for me personally.

I only used bleach and 40vol because nothing would lift my hair light enough. Until i had the wella used on it. I thought this forum was for advice, i did say in the OP that i had no experience using wella. Which is why i came and asked her. I knew she the wella technician used 10/69 + 10/1with pastel developer, but sallys didnt have this.

So i looked at the shade chart and 12/81 was the ashiest one i seen that i liked:) my hair was fine. It now looks well. I wouldnt do anything that i was unsure of on a client, only used different colour etc than i was used too because it for my own hair. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

what level is your natural hair?

I only used bleach and 40vol because nothing would lift my hair light enough. Until i had the wella used on it. I thought this forum was for advice, i did say in the OP that i had no experience using wella. Which is why i came and asked her. I knew she the wella technician used 10/69 + 10/1with pastel developer, but sallys didnt have this.

So i looked at the shade chart and 12/81 was the ashiest one i seen that i liked:) my hair was fine. It now looks well. I wouldnt do anything that i was unsure of on a client, only used different colour etc than i was used too because it for my own hair. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I couldn't find 10/69 either in Sallys. It's a newer shade from them. But you can easily mix the tones half and half using colour touch. Which is great for dryer or lightened hair. I often use this to tone. 👍

12/81 is not a toner. It is a highlift shade to be used on natural hair of a base 6 or lighter with 9% or 12%. If you use it on freshly bleached hair it can burn scalp and cause breakage. However I am glad you didn't experienced any of those!

Do you apply your bleach on your own? Sure that a 6% bleach would not work when applied thick for 50 min?

I would use Colortouch in 9/16 and watch it developing. Apply it quickly to roots only and emulsify for a second. It looks like rose white hair :)

My own hair is a base 5 very warm. No i had a girl who works with me and bleach always came up yellow. No i didnt experience breakage etc. Phew :)

But i was unaware 12/81 was wellas highlift tint. X

My own hair is a base 5 very warm. No i had a girl who works with me and bleach always came up yellow. No i didnt experience breakage etc. Phew :)

But i was unaware 12/81 was wellas highlift tint. X

Can I ask are you a hairdresser? Or an extensionist only?

Hairdresser:) never used wella before just. Xx

All, I use is wella and if you use the 12/81 remember it is a high lift color and will give you the same shade as 10/81 . Or if you preferbto prelighten with l blondor and 20 or 10 v you can tone using either 10/ 81, also look at 10/89, 12/96, 7/89, 10/11. /88 /11 /96 in special mix or /86 in relights (my absolute favorite) these are all similar shades.

use 10/0 CT with 8/81 and 1.9% to tone over bleach gives a lovely icy result :)

Latest posts

Back