Wella 12 too warm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piascore

Reaction score
Hi people! I'm not up to date with colour these days and I have been putting Wella 12 high lift tint on my sisters hair for some time now but it's too warm and no longer covers her grey. I knew it wouldn't cover her grey as time went on but also it just seems to warm for her complexion now. I need to do her regrowth soon and not sure what colour to use on them and also what to use to cool the length and ends as her hair is quite long. It is in very good condition so that's a bonus! Many thanks for some advice!!

Attachments

• jodie hair.jpg
    jodie hair.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 64
What level is her natural? If it’s darker than a 7, then you’re unlikely to get a cool toned blonde with a highlift tint.

I'd say she's a 7... hard to remember haha but she's not dark

I'd say she's a 7... hard to remember haha but she's not dark
How much white does she have? Is the grey coverage a real issue? Anything above a 9 is unlikely to cover white hair. If the white coverage isn't that much of an issue I'd use 12/89 on the root. Then tone the M. L. E with colour touch 10/6.

How much white does she have? Is the grey coverage a real issue? Anything above a 9 is unlikely to cover white hair. If the white coverage isn't that much of an issue I'd use 12/89 on the root. Then tone the M. L. E with colour touch 10/6.

I'd say 50% and the coverage isn't great but then the blonde is pale so it doesn't look too bad. Definitely too warm though. Thanks for the advice with the 12/89 on roots and CT 10/6... will try that!

I'd say 50% and the coverage isn't great but then the blonde is pale so it doesn't look too bad. Definitely too warm though. Thanks for the advice with the 12/89 on roots and CT 10/6... will try that!
If the white coverage is more of an issue you'll have to go down to a 9 which I doubt will be bright enough :/

If the white coverage is more of an issue you'll have to go down to a 9 which I doubt will be bright enough :/

Think I will try your first suggestion as it's the warmth that is too much... thank you so much... very appreciated!!

9/0 plus 9/16 half and half 6%.

I'd say 50% and the coverage isn't great but then the blonde is pale so it doesn't look too bad.
Definitely too warm though. Thanks for the advice with the 12/89 on roots and CT 10/6... will try that!

Sorry me again!! I am going to try what you suggested today with the 12/89 on roots and CT 10/6 on MLE... am hoping the grey will be ok as it's not white but if I wanted to change over to a 9 how would I go about it? Or would it have to all grow out? Her hair is long though... well below shoulder length... eesh. Thanks again!

Sorry me again!! I am going to try what you suggested today with the 12/89 on roots and CT 10/6 on MLE... am hoping the grey will be ok as it's not white but if I wanted to change over to a 9 how would I go about it? Or would it have to all grow out? Her hair is long though... well below shoulder length... eesh. Thanks again!
If you were going to change it down to a 9. I would use a level 9 cool tint with 30vol. Let it process, rinse dry and then look at toning, tone the roots accordingly and then your mid lengths and ends to match.

Hiya! I did the 12/89 but it grabbed too much around the hairline so looks a bit too ashy... the 10/6 on MLE I think I should have left on a little longer. It's a real learning curve for me! I feel like I need to retone the roots but at the same time the MLE too haha!!

Hiya! I did the 12/89 but it grabbed too much around the hairline so looks a bit too ashy... the 10/6 on MLE I think I should have left on a little longer. It's a real learning curve for me! I feel like I need to retone the roots but at the same time the MLE too haha!!
Give it a shampoo or two and the overtone will come out. As for the mid lengths and ends you could add 9/16 to it.

Give it a shampoo or two and the overtone will come out. As for the mid lengths and ends you could add 9/16 to it.
Thank you so much!

Latest posts

Back