Wella 22/0 and 10/1 to make a slate grey (edited)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllanJudge

Reaction score
Sorry to go on about my own hair.

In the past 2 weeks i've bleached it about 6 times and inbetween them bleaching sessions i've used tints... Long story. Half of me was just experimenting tbh.

For what i've put my hair through it's not in bad condition. Bit of breakage at the recession points but I can live with that.

Anyway, to the point of the thread... I've got my hair to a LIGHT yellow. I plan to tone it to remove all yellow tones then mix 22/0 and 10/1 (1:1) with Pastel developer (1:1 with the tint) to make a slate grey.

I've tried to find pictures of the results of this mixture but can't find any. Only pics that people have used as examples of how they hope this will turn out.

I want to do my hair a grey that looks about a level 6/7.

Also, with just using pastel, will this be classed as a semi? And can you buy colour charm in the UK from wholesalers? Don't want to buy offline as I need it doing asap.

Thank you.

Last edited:
What about using colour touch 7/89?

Do you think that would work?
Have you ever used it?

Yikes! 0/22 is double matt (green).

7/89 on a clean 10 will be a nice grey.

7/81 also goes a nice grey!

I'd recommend toning with 10/6 first to get it superrrr clean!

Oh Cam I meant 22/0 not 0/22 im gonna have to edit that.

Apparently when you mix black with 10/1 ash it goes grey?

Oh crap yeah you've wrote the right thing i got it wrong! Sorry!

Yeah it does go grey but its not the best way to go about grey i feel. I imagine it'd be quite flat and horrible.

No you didnt get it wrong I corrected it after you brought my attention to it. I bleach my hair and all of a sudden i'm a ditzy blonde haha.

10/6 with what developer?

I was just gonna use Fudge whiter shade of pale because I always used to use that on a friend and it got her hair white. But then she was a natural depth of about a 7 or an 8 tbh.

I like the sound of 7/89 more, the tones are ideal. So would you not suggest a semi as a toner then? My hair is literally white on the back and sides and hardly no yellow in the rest.

Only used the 7/89 couple of times always been nice, colour touch is a quasi , a semi or quasi is better for toning as it grabs the hair better x

Use the ct 7/89 with the 1.9% developer x

No you didnt get it wrong I corrected it after you brought my attention to it. I bleach my hair and all of a sudden i'm a ditzy blonde haha.

10/6 with what developer?

I was just gonna use Fudge whiter shade of pale because I always used to use that on a friend and it got her hair white. But then she was a natural depth of about a 7 or an 8 tbh.

I like the sound of 7/89 more, the tones are ideal. So would you not suggest a semi as a toner then? My hair is literally white on the back and sides and hardly no yellow in the rest.

If its super clean already then no need for the 10/6!

7/81 is nice as a grey too.

Either way i'd do it on dry hair with 1.9% as mollie has said

How about redken shades eq 6t?

I like the look of shades eq. I wish Redken was more readily available here in the UK.
It seems like the go to product line in the US. Going by Youtube vids.

I'm buying fudge whiter shade of pale and CT 7/81 today from Alan Howard.

Thanks again for the advice. It's very much appreciated.

They do sell it on Ebay I think Cam.

Perhaps we should set up our own little US/European hair products co-operative where we can swap stuff across the pond and share resources. :D

Perhaps we should set up our own little US/European hair products co-operative where we can swap stuff across the pond and share resources. :D

You might be onto something there, AcidPerm.

What do we have over here that US don't though?

Latest posts

Back