Wella 77/43 question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GiddyGoatRed

Reaction score
I am training in hair color, and I am new to Wella. I have seen Koleston 77/43 recommended for resistant gray/white hair but also recommended as a very intense color for those who want a really punchy color but aren’t necessarily graying. I’m wondering if both can be true, as I am concerned that if I put it on a non-graying person’s hair that it might turn out darker than intended, as the usual double levels mean double pigments and can look darker on people with lots of natural pigment present already. For reference, she’s a natural (virgin) level 4, and I was thinking 30 volume to really get the super red-copper color she likes. Thoughts (especially from Wella folk)?

I am training in hair color, and I am new to Wella. I have seen Koleston 77/43 recommended for resistant gray/white hair but also recommended as a very intense color for those who want a really punchy color but aren’t necessarily graying. I’m wondering if both can be true, as I am concerned that if I put it on a non-graying person’s hair that it might turn out darker than intended, as the usual double levels mean double pigments and can look darker on people with lots of natural pigment present already. For reference, she’s a natural (virgin) level 4, and I was thinking 30 volume to really get the super red-copper color she likes. Thoughts (especially from Wella folk)?
It's absolutely fine, I used this all the time! 6% for grey coverage or bases lighter than a 6. Anything darker you'll need to use a higher developer. You'll need to use 12% on a base 4 to get maximum lift

Latest posts

Back