Wella 8/81 Colour Fresh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ge0rgiaday

Reaction score
Hiya, I have bleached blonde hair and I'm wanting to go silver. I'm planning on doing a bleach bath on it to try and remove as much of the yellowness as I can, and then I'm thinking of using Wella Colour Fresh in 8/81 as a toner. Has anyone used this and if so how does it come out? I've also got the 10/81. Help would be much appreciated!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465320548.568350.jpg

When you've done your bleach bath i'd use something like Fudges whiter shade of pale which is a very light violet, almost like a lilac, just to get the blonde as clean as possible. It will make it a better base for the toner you end up putting on.

I've used 8/81 on myself last year when I got my hair basically white. It's a lovely colour but I wouldn't say it went silver. It was a very ashy blonde, but not 'silver'.

I'm not brilliant with colour so please don't take my advice, but a mixture of 8/81 + 7/89 (CT) I can imagine to be more of a 'silver'.

I've used the 8/81 and the hair has to be basically white for it to have any effect and even then I wasn't that impressed with it! 9.11 or 9.01 in L'oreal dialight is a nice silver :)

Fudge t01 goes a nice light silver x

Use the 8/81 with a tiny dot of 2/0
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465463641.506344.jpg

Turns out like this [emoji6]

Is that 8/81 colour touch though? Not colour fresh?

They do the 8/81 in ct and colour fresh [emoji5]️

Did you use 1.9 or 3% to tone for that? It's fab

What base did you have before you applied the CT?

Latest posts

Back