Wella 99/0

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sc1992

Reaction score
Just wanted people's oppinion of wella koleston taking to 100% white hair. I have a client on thursday who would like this but am apprehensive due to her white hair. Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated!xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a client with unbelievably resistant hair and use 88/0 on her hair. The first time she came in it did cover but I wasn't happy with it as to me it was still quite transparent. She was really happy with the result as she said its the best coverage she has had. So the next time she came in i used 2-1 with tint and peroxide and the thicker consistency did the job. it work brilliantly and she has been back to me every 4 weeks since. She says she wouldn't ever go anywhere else because no one else can "cover the greys" like we do. :)
Just remember when using double bases if you want to add tone you have to use the mixed tone.

For super resistant hair leave it on for 35 mins under heat

This isn't a recommendation of Wella is it?

Mixing tint thicker means you are not ph balancing the colour. Not putting enough developer in will not reduce the alkalinity- it can cause damage to hair and also burn someone's scalp.

If the tint needed to be mixed in this way to work then that is what the manufacturer would recommend.

Sorry to rant but this is several times I've seen suggestions like this today. Yes it works but it dangerous and it also voids your insurance as you are breaking the instructions you have been given. You burn the client scalp then you are not covered.

I wish went I see 'It works for me' people would know why it works and what consequences there are. We are working with chemicals at the end of the day.

In addition....see what's your insurer would say if you weren't following manufacturers instructions and something happened.

I'm not sure with wella but goldwell states on the instructions something along the lines of 'not responsible for special mixes(ie mixing more tint than peroxide).

I knew I was going to get an ear bashing for that one :)
No it is not under the manufacturers instructions and questioned it myself when I heard it but I have lots of hairdressers as friends and had an in depth conversation with many of them on this topic and they all seem to do it.
I love the way people on here seem to go through all the posts and give criticism to everyone that gives opinion and help although don't actually give any input themselves. Fair enough if you don't agree with my comment but really no need to be so bitchy

I knew I was going to get an ear bashing for that one :)
No it is not under the manufacturers instructions and questioned it myself when I heard it but I have lots of hairdressers as friends and had an in depth conversation with many of them on this topic and they all seem to do it.
I love the way people on here seem to go through all the posts and give criticism to everyone that gives opinion and help although don't actually give any input themselves. Fair enough if you don't agree with my comment but really no need to be so bitchy

I don't think colour girly was being bitchy she was stating fact.

I am so precise with my measurements I weigh out 30g peroxide and 30g tint and never have a problem. As you need to do it exactly the right ratio to make the molecule whole (or something along those words) to work properly with each other.

It's not bitchy, it's just frustrating to see people recommending something where there is no understanding with it.

These products work fine if used correctly, as I stated in another post sometimes just washing the hair can help.

Chemical science should be taught more in depth so hairdressers can make informed decisions before breaking the rules.

I'd like to see an example where a member of this site just gives criticism but no input.

Ok so I've explained the implications of this - can you explain to the OP why it works?

Thanks for the advice!xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back