Wella blondes toned down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halafihi101

Reaction score
My client is wanting to tone her blonde down and go to more of a base 7, I have attached pictures of her hair now and what she’s wanting, I use wella.

What would you guys reccomend I do? I don’t want it to fade too quickly but I don’t want to pre pig

Attachments

• 2F2F6FB0-9F0E-4E9E-9BD5-EC7C7BCFDCF1.png
    2F2F6FB0-9F0E-4E9E-9BD5-EC7C7BCFDCF1.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 76
  • BBB56C93-C5A1-4DFE-9B51-266BF2EEEFFA.jpeg
    BBB56C93-C5A1-4DFE-9B51-266BF2EEEFFA.jpeg
    423.6 KB · Views: 75
You have to pre-pig as you’re dropping more than 2 levels, otherwise you’ll end up with khaki tones. Also, you need to use a Demi or semi, not a permanent to help it last, although that’s entirely dependent on the state of the cuticle.

I think some other brands have a no pre-pig option.

Do you know how to add the pre pig into the colour? Because I’ve never done this, looking at that picture I was thinking of doing colour touch 7/71, what would I need to add into this to stop it from going khaki? Her hair is in very good condition

You
Do you know how to add the pre pig into the colour? Because I’ve never done this, looking at that picture I was thinking of doing colour touch 7/71, what would I need to add into this to stop it from going khaki? Her hair is in very good condition
you need to add /4

I always use color touch 9/3 In my formula to fill anything level 7 and up. In my experience more than just a tiny dot of /4 in a level 6 or 7 formula is overpowering. Using 7/3 can make it look a
little dull. Just make sure if you go with the 9/3 you don’t add any extra developer (pigment packing).

Brill Thankyou will try this! With the 9/3 how much of that do you put into your colour?

That’s totally a gut thing🤣. A good guesstimate would be 1/2oz per 2oz of color. You don’t want too much or it will lighten your formula but you want enough to fill. You will have to gauge how much you need According to porosity and texture. A little bit of 7/3 as part of the base formula can give you a bit of insurance if you’re unsure, it can add depth. Would love to see how it turns out for you if you feel like sharing. : )

That’s totally a gut thing🤣. A good guesstimate would be 1/2oz per 2oz of color. You don’t want too much or it will lighten your formula but you want enough to fill. You will have to gauge how much you need According to porosity and texture. A little bit of 7/3 as part of the base formula can give you a bit of insurance if you’re unsure, it can add depth. Would love to see how it turns out for you if you feel like sharing. : )

thanks so much!! There’s not a 9/3 in colour touch though I don’t think is there? Do you mix KP and colour touch together??

Yes there is a 9/3 in color touch. I mostly use it mixed with 0/00 for a buttery blonde toner. I push the limits with color for sure but I never mix demi and permanent.

I can only see there’s a 9/36 in colour touch but there’s no 9/3, could the 9/36 be used in the same way? :)

This is one of the interesting things when you’re a global forum.
The poster @Colorgenius is based in the States and the OP is based in the U.K.

It’s not uncommon to find the big colour houses offering slightly different ranges of their products depending on the continent they’re based in. For instance, as a sweeping generalisation, some US clients love more golden tones compared to U.K./Irish clients who tend towards darker, ashy tones. I think it’s partly to do with climate and their natural skin tones as well as fashion trends. You will find the ranges vary again across Asia.

Latest posts

Back