Wella blondor ratio help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MariaTvb

Reaction score
Hello! I'm naturally a level 4 and I've been bleaching my hair to get that perfect platinum white hair for years.

Can you please help me with an opinion which would be better for on scalp bleach?

a)Wella blondor 1:1.5(half 6%, half 9%)
b)Wella blondor 1:1(6%)
I've never tried this ratio 1:1 with 20 vol but I'm a little desperate cause my hair won't lift enough just with 6%(1:1.5).

Do you have any other ideas?
Thank you very much. I don't wanna give up my platinum blonde but it seems that it never lifts the same when I'm doing my roots touch up every month...

I’d use a) as my choice. Are you just applying and leaving it up to 1 hour ?

Do you have any pictures of how it's lifting? I find often it might not seem it's that light until it's toned.
Do you only use Wella? Do you use any bond building products i.e Olaplex?
Have you tried any other brands that are scalp friendly with a higher developer?
Do you cover the head when its developing to keep it moist?

I would wrap it with cling film or use a plastic cap to keep it in.

Using anything higher than 6% on the scalp can cause burns, if you wanna take the risk on yourself then do it, but on a client you will invalidate your insurance.

If you’ve both heard the new instructions, you can’t put heat or anything that will cause heat to speed up the process on blondor any more, it damages the hair it’s been proven that without heat you get the same lift but the hair is healthy!

If you’ve both heard the new instructions, you can’t put heat or anything that will cause heat to speed up the process on blondor any more, it damages the hair it’s been proven that without heat you get the same lift but the hair is healthy!

But the cap isn't just to keep the heat in, its to keep it moist, if it dries out it stops working. I haven't heard this new rule, but if it was the case then you wouldn't be able to use blondor in foil either.

To the OP are you using a silver shampoo aswell? i find if someone is using silver shampoo then it makes the freshly done roots look a bit warmer, because there is a build up of violet on the lengths and ends, so it makes it more difficult to match.

I would stick with 1:1.5 because 1.1 is going to dry out to fast, and could be really itchy!

They now say to reapply every 20 mins wether it’s moist on the head or not bleach looses its power after 15-20 mins so by reapplying it your re activating it with out having to use heat :) you can still foil just again no heat let process naturally

Latest posts

Back