Wella brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjmhair

Reaction score
looking for a suggestion with a formulation for wella. I did a violet color on this client about 4 months ago. and I begged her to wait till after her wedding but she insisted. Now she wants to go back to a soft dimensional brown with a very subtle touch more of a dark root melting down for her wedding.

So i have 2 inches regrowth of level 4 and 2 feet of grown out faded violet ( i used framesi that time, i cant remember the framesi colors ) also I had balayaged first to give it a more dimensional feel.

I am going to balayage again a bit first to give it that blend and dimension

my question is how to deposit over the violet and retain some of the warmth without mudding it out and not going to red.

the violet pic is what I did a few months back and brown pic is what she wants.

Attachments

• micheleb4.png
    micheleb4.png
    432.5 KB · Views: 115
  • michelebrown.png
    michelebrown.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 87
looking for a suggestion with a formulation for wella. I did a violet color on this client about 4 months ago. and I begged her to wait till after her wedding but she insisted. Now she wants to go back to a soft dimensional brown with a very subtle touch more of a dark root melting down for her wedding.

So i have 2 inches regrowth of level 4 and 2 feet of grown out faded violet ( i used framesi that time, i cant remember the framesi colors ) also I had balayaged first to give it a more dimensional feel.

I am going to balayage again a bit first to give it that blend and dimension

my question is how to deposit over the violet and retain some of the warmth without mudding it out and not going to red.

the violet pic is what I did a few months back and brown pic is what she wants.

How can you retain warmth in violet? There isn't any warmth.

What colour do you use to neatralise violet?

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

But red + blue = violet?

Check out your Colour wheel.
Blue - orange
Red - green
Violet - yellow

You could just apply a 5 over the top of the lot after u balyage it will let the underneath colour shine through a little and the intensity will fade over time, why are u using wella rather than framesi?

But red + blue = violet?

That's true, but violet is still a cool colour, no matter how much red it has haha

I guess my definition of violet would be equal parts red and blue. see attached picture.

Attachments

• color wheel.jpg
    color wheel.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 42
Check out your Colour wheel.
Blue - orange
Red - green
Violet - yellow
ageed I always do...
I know it seems simple but there is no yellow brown to my knowledge and a gold would neutralize the blue parts of the violet and that leaves me with remaining red and yellow = orange.

You could just apply a 5 over the top of the lot after u balyage it will let the underneath colour shine through a little and the intensity will fade over time, why are u using wella rather than framesi?
Thanks.
So yes, this is what I am thinking is the best approach.
I used Framesi last time as a way to achieve the violet as I have never loved any of the wella violets at that level. Framesi was better to get where I wanted to go last time but I am a wella kid 99% of the time. I have lots of tubes of wella and just a few Framesi.

ageed I always do...
I know it seems simple but there is no yellow brown to my knowledge and a gold would neutralize the blue parts of the violet and that leaves me with remaining red and yellow = orange.

You can use 5/73 colour touch

Latest posts

Back