SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonnieremi94

Reaction score
My natural virgin hair colour is around a level 4 and I have it coloured at the salon just to give it extra shine.

My hair dresser uses Wella color touch in the shade 6/7 with 1.9% emulsion. it gives my hair a lovely gloss and I get this topped up around every 2 - 3 months which is applied to all of my hair from root to ends.

My question is, if I want to go blonde how easy would this be to lift out my hair?
Do I have to go through an orange brassy stage before it reaches a clean blonde?

If anyone has any experience with this particular brand and knows the answer your help would be greatly appreciated 😊

Thank you

It's impossible to give you an exact answer, if your natural level is a 4 then your hair will probably have a lot of natural warm pigments and any additional dyes such as colour touch will slow the lifting process. Being realistic, a highlighting process, where you build up the blonde over time will usually look more natural and is easier to control the warmth. Trying to go super blonde all over in one step is more likely to leave the hair looking brassier, but I'm sure your hairdresser will be able to advise you further.

It's impossible to give you an exact answer, if your natural level is a 4 then your hair will probably have a lot of natural warm pigments and any additional dyes such as colour touch will slow the lifting process. Being realistic, a highlighting process, where you build up the blonde over time will usually look more natural and is easier to control the warmth. Trying to go super blonde all over in one step is more likely to leave the hair looking brassier, but I'm sure your hairdresser will be able to advise you further.

Thank you so much for the reply. I’ve been reading that colour touch can act as a permanent if you keep having it put over the top of previous colour touch. Is this true? I’m really freaking out as I don’t want this to be an issue when I go blonde.

Well yes they are all types of oxidative dyes so the same as used in permanent colour, and the more they have been applied the more 'permanent' they will be. It will be an issue that will effect how light you can go, ultimately your colourist may be able to advise your what is realistically achievable.

My natural virgin hair colour is around a level 4 and I have it coloured at the salon just to give it extra shine.

My hair dresser uses Wella color touch in the shade 6/7 with 1.9% emulsion. it gives my hair a lovely gloss and I get this topped up around every 2 - 3 months which is applied to all of my hair from root to ends.

My question is, if I want to go blonde how easy would this be to lift out my hair?
Do I have to go through an orange brassy stage before it reaches a clean blonde?

If anyone has any experience with this particular brand and knows the answer your help would be greatly appreciated 😊

Thank you
If you as dark as a 4 it might be that you need to go on a Journey with your hair.
Colour touch is a demi permanent which lasts up to 24 washes.
You don't get lift with colour touch. She would have to use a lightener first if using that product to get you to a 6 /7 especially on hair so dark.
Koleston perfect are the permanent colours in the wella range

If you as dark as a 4 it might be that you need to go on a Journey with your hair.
Colour touch is a demi permanent which lasts up to 24 washes.
You don't get lift with colour touch. She would have to use a lightener first if using that product to get you to a 6 /7 especially on hair so dark.
Koleston perfect are the permanent colours in the wella range

Hey thanks for the reply.
My hair dresser uses that shade as it’s just to gloss not because I want to be a level 6/7.
I’ve actually been blonde in the past, and I was platinum at one point, I always go to a professional and they always tell me how well my hair lifts. This is why I’m worried about the colour touch making it difficult to lift out if I want to go blonde in the future. I’m just going to grow it out now and not use it anymore though :)

Latest posts

Back