Wella Color Touch Plus too warm/brassy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oaklandmo

Reaction score
Seeking advice from professionals :) I've been using Wella Color Touch Plus 77/07 & 13 vol on my thick, coarse, 50% gray hair. I think I'm a level 6 (I've been coloring for so long I can't really remember). I have some highlights achieved with Blondor & 20 vol. The 77/07 pulls a lot of RED. I'd like it to be more neutral. Unfortunately, the Color Touch Plus line is only warm but I like the gray coverage without the damage and the color stays beautifully. Is there another Color Touch color I could mix with the 77/07 that won't change the level but just the tone? Also, my highlights are a little brassy. I don't want to up the developer as I am happy with the level -just hate the brass.
Other stylists have suggested adding 10/81 to the 77/07 for the roots or 8/81 or Relights /18 w/6 vol all over to tone the base and highlights. Do you have any suggestions for me? I really appreciate your time and help.

Welcome to Salon Geek.

Please confirm you are a qualified hair professional. Thank you.

I am not a hair professional - I am a Registered Nurse. Is this forum only for professionals? If so, my apologies and I will delete. I have been following this forum for a while and it looked like there were posts from non-professionals.

I am not a hair professional - I am a Registered Nurse. Is this forum only for professionals? If so, my apologies and I will delete. I have been following this forum for a while and it looked like there were posts from non-professionals.

Yes Salon Geek is a forum for salon professionals, but there’s no need to apologise or delete your thread.

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to give detailed technical information or colour formulas to those who are untrained. Not only would this be dangerous practice, but as a registered care professional yourself, you will understand that it is unwise to experiment with chemical and solutions.

Please wait until lockdown measures have been lifted, and visit your usual colourist at that time and when it’s safe to do so.

Yes Salon Geek is a forum for salon professionals, but there’s no need to apologise or delete your thread.

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to give detailed technical information or colour formulas to those who are untrained. Not only would this be dangerous practice, but as a registered care professional yourself, you will understand that it is unwise to experiment with chemical and solutions.

Please wait until lockdown measures have been lifted, and visit your usual colourist at that time and when it’s safe to do so.
I understand. Thank you and stay safe :)

Latest posts

Back