Wella Color Touch question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amonavis33

Reaction score
When using color touch on someone with 30% gray, should I use the 1.9 or the 4 developer? Will I still get SOME coverage with the 1.9 at least?

Also, can I still get at least 15 washes out of CT no matter which developer I choose? I’m curious in particular how long the 1.9 allows the color to last, generally.

Thanks

When using color touch on someone with 30% gray, should I use the 1.9 or the 4 developer? Will I still get SOME coverage with the 1.9 at least?

Also, can I still get at least 15 washes out of CT no matter which developer I choose? I’m curious in particular how long the 1.9 allows the color to last, generally.

Thanks
I find them both to be the same in most cases.
The only time you generally need to use 4% is when you're using any of the vibrant red shades or colour touch plus shades.
Everything else is used with 1.9%

I find them both to be the same in most cases.
The only time you generally need to use 4% is when you're using any of the vibrant red shades or colour touch plus shades.
Everything else is used with 1.9%

Thanks! I tried the regular CT on a male client and he really likes it. It didn’t cover all the gray but almost. I left it for 20 min. Maybe I’ll leave it on for 5 minutes longer next time or apply to dry hair next time.

I would have used the CT Plus but there aren’t as many color options. This client had some poorly done at home highlights from a L’Oréal box that pulled a bit redish orange on his level 6 hair (he didn’t leave it on long enough. The CT neutralized it pretty much, but a LITTLE bit of orange red still shines through.

My formula was 3 parts 7/89 and 1 part 6/71 with the 1.9 developer. Should I have added a gram of 0/88 to fully neutralize the warmth of the 6/71 and the warmth in their hair?

Do you always leave it on for 20 minutes? Or so you leave it on 30-40 minutes sometimes?

I’m a very picky perfectionist, but it does look a lot better anyway.

Thanks! I tried the regular CT on a male client and he really likes it. It didn’t cover all the gray but almost. I left it for 20 min. Maybe I’ll leave it on for 5 minutes longer next time or apply to dry hair next time.

I would have used the CT Plus but there aren’t as many color options. This client had some poorly done at home highlights from a L’Oréal box that pulled a bit redish orange on his level 6 hair (he didn’t leave it on long enough. The CT neutralized it pretty much, but a LITTLE bit of orange red still shines through.

My formula was 3 parts 7/89 and 1 part 6/71 with the 1.9 developer. Should I have added a gram of 0/88 to fully neutralize the warmth of the 6/71 and the warmth in their hair?

Do you always leave it on for 20 minutes? Or so you leave it on 30-40 minutes sometimes?

I’m a very picky perfectionist, but it does look a lot better anyway.
You could always swap the 6/71 for 6/1 but I feel like using all cool tones never looks natural.
Because colour touch is so mildly oxidative, I wouldn't have thought it was very active after the first 20 mins.
You could always add a tiny spot of 0/88 if you felt like you need it. But be careful as its very dense and could destroy the end result.

You could always swap the 6/71 for 6/1 but I feel like using all cool tones never looks natural.
Because colour touch is so mildly oxidative, I wouldn't have thought it was very active after the first 20 mins.
You could always add a tiny spot of 0/88 if you felt like you need it. But be careful as its very dense and could destroy the end result.
Thank you. What is the difference between 7/89 and 7/86? In some photos I saw online the /86 appeared darker. In the wella swatch it looks darker too. Is there anything to this? Also curious if /89 is a little ashier since 9 has blue and violet?

Thank you. What is the difference between 7/89 and 7/86? In some photos I saw online the /86 appeared darker. In the wella swatch it looks darker too. Is there anything to this? Also curious if /89 is a little ashier since 9 has blue and violet?
So Ive only used 7/86 once, and it went blue. But there's nothing to say that that's what it normally does. I'd definitely strand test it.
Yes the 7/89 has a more silver tone. Whereas the 7/86 is blue violet

Latest posts

Back