Wella Color Touch advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simsarahlou

Reaction score
im a beauty tech with only some basic hair knowledge. ive used wella color touch for years since training in a salon, the last couple of times i went to colour touch plus as im greyer than i once was. my question is, i have run out of colour couch + tubes, i have two regular colour touch tubes i can use, but only color touch plus developer, can i use this do we think. personally id imagine the developer is the same (4%)but the tubes are different as i think the plus tubes contain ammonia and the regular doesnt.

do we think i can mix?
its just for myself,
any advice is appreciated

online the ingredients are identical

Last edited:
im a beauty tech with only some basic hair knowledge. ive used wella color touch for years since training in a salon, the last couple of times i went to colour touch plus as im greyer than i once was. my question is, i have run out of colour couch + tubes, i have two regular colour touch tubes i can use, but only color touch plus developer, can i use this do we think. personally id imagine the developer is the same (4%)but the tubes are different as i think the plus tubes contain ammonia and the regular doesnt.

do we think i can mix?
its just for myself,
any advice is appreciated

online the ingredients are identical
To a degree yes 4% is 4%. But what you'll find with the colour touch plus developer is that it has different additives to the regular CT developer, in order to get the best results from the plus.
Would I used it instead on myself? :- Yes
All you need to understand is that you won't get the same coverage as the plus colour, bcasue you're using the plus developer. You will still only get up to 50% coverage.

Latest posts

Back