Wella colour advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neater

Reaction score
Hi, everyone Im a new member, I have been a mobile stylist for about 15 years on and off. I use Wella KP and Colour Touch and would like some advice please. I have a client (pic below) that has about 40% grey, apart from underneath back (30%) and at the sides a very curly 100% white. Base colour 6/ash with faded out pale yellow bleach. She doesn't want a full head colour but likes a dark blonde, no yellow (level 7-8) with a few hi-lites. So I thought, maybe I'd put in a few lo lights of Colour touch 7/3 here and there to break up the yellow. On top parting/fringe alternate it with some bleach hi lights to blend the grey and the banding. Then tone all over with maybe 9/16 and 8/3 or 8/03 KP. To get rid of any yellow
But Im not sure what to do on the 100% white at the sides, the foiled 7/3 will be too gold. And not sure if I go in with the toner after it will come out too strong on the sides. Also will the 7/3 be too gold on the roots? Ive tested it and it's fine on the yellow. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Attachments

• 20220131_115836.jpg
    20220131_115836.jpg
    872.8 KB · Views: 39
Oh forgot to add, she doesn't like a lot of colour in her hair, wants to see some grey. I have just tested a piece of the blond ends and white in KP 8/07 with welloxen. It came out nice. But I can't get it in CT. So do you think I could use this to foil some low lights (what peroxide?) And also use as a toner at the end all over with welloxen? Thanks

Colour touch plus has 88/07 which will give you 70% white coverage so this sounds ideal.
As for the toner I'm not sure you'd definitely need one.
But if you do I wouldn't use 8/3 or 8/03 as you said she doesn't want yellow and this wouldn't stand out enough against the base.
I'd be inclined to use colour touch 9/97 or 9/36 or KP 9/38

Thank you so much, 88/07 is great. Also which of those, for the toner do you think would be best? I'd like to get rid of the pale yellow, and maybe tone it down 1 shade to a level 8 as I know it will fade. Im also wary of trying not affect the 100% white bits that are left out at the sides. As it's a toner though I don't think it will be too bad. Im going to watch it like a hawk, when I put it on! Could I maybe add a touch of the 8/07 into it as it came out a nice ash shade on the ends of the test piece I did? Thank you

The best option would be colour touch as the toner so it doesn't affect the remaining white hair.
8/38 is a nice colour.
Or Maybe just 8/0?

Ok thank you, you don't think the 3 in the 8/38 will add more gold into the pale yellow hair? Im never sure on the tones as to how much the 1st one (tone) cancels out the 2nd one (tone), if you know what I mean? Thanks for your help

Ok thank you, you don't think the 3 in the 8/38 will add more gold into the pale yellow hair? Im never sure on the tones as to how much the 1st one (tone) cancels out the 2nd one (tone), if you know what I mean? Thanks for your help
The /38 are quite nice for that clean but bright blonde.
When clients request Jennifer Aniston blonde, the /38 range is my go to

The /38 are quite nice for that clean but bright blonde.
When clients request Jennifer Aniston blonde, the /38 range is my go to

Thank you thats so helpfull. I get really confused when toning on mixing 2 or 3 colours together, not sure what cancels out what! Thanks anyway

I also would recommend 88/07 .

highly professional
WorkTime

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back