Wella colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olive293

Reaction score
First up, is there an existing thread to post in for colour advice or am I ok starting a new one?

Secondly....
I have a client tomorrow - naturally a level 4 with inch regrowth and 30% grey. Mid lengths are a build up of level 4 tint and the ends are an awful attempt of balyage which is a level 8 and very orange.

I have uploaded a photo of what she is requesting.

Im thinking of doing a full head of foils with blondor and 20 vol, and depending on how it looks tomorrow taking some 1.9% through the ends to clean those up.
Between the foils an illumina 5/ on the regrowth and CT 5/0 through the mid lengths and ends. And then tone the lot with CT 8/71 and 8/73

Thoughts would be very much appreciated!
Thanks!

My photo won't upload

@cams97 you are the Wella man! Please give me a nod in the right direction! I've never used illumina on grey before!

Why are you using a 5 if her hair is a coloured 4?

Why are you using a 5 if her hair is a coloured 4?
She says she's a 4. I'm thinking a 5. Meant to type one, not both!

Last edited by a moderator:
She says she's a 4. I'm thinking a 5. Meant to type one, not both!
As in whilst describing what she currently has and what I'm planning, meant to state a 4 or a 5 in both paragraphs, not both! I'm not really making sense I know!!!

As in whilst describing what she currently has and what I'm planning, meant to state a 4 or a 5 in both paragraphs, not both! I'm not really making sense I know!!!

You've really confused me now... Start again

She has a build up of a 4 on the midlengths though?
Nope I meant 5. I was thinking in my head was it a 4? and typed 4. Honestly, ridiculously sleep deprived!

Nope I meant 5. I was thinking in my head was it a 4? and typed 4. Honestly, ridiculously sleep deprived!

In that case, you're on the right track!

image.jpeg
In that case, you're on the right track!
Hair wasn't quite what I expected.... But pleased with the outcome. Took 4 hours though

I mean the the hair she came with! It had different shades all over, a very white hairline, and awful condition, as you can see!
But I am really pleased with how it came out! Just wish she would have let me cut it too!
Its flawless!

What were your expectations?

Always expect the least and you'll be surprised.

You did a great job.

I hope you've manage to get some sleep now. ;)

Latest posts

Back