Wella colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selz

Reaction score
hi just wanted to ask those who work and use wella... see attachment ... what shade will this be roughly and which one koleston colour touch ect ...
3BD6E922-F971-4048-93F2-993065BD296D.jpeg

I'd take a look at Illumina 6/16 + 7/81 for the r the base. And then I can see some lighter pieces running through it on the ends I'd probably get with Koleston 8/96 + 9/17 if it's virgin hair or prelightened.

I'd take a look at Illumina 6/16 + 7/81 for the r the base. And then I can see some lighter pieces running through it on the ends I'd probably get with Koleston 8/96 + 9/17 if it's virgin hair or prelightened.

This is my clients hair she’s has natural roots and light blond bits midlenths and ends

Attachments

• 56D37114-FD2D-497C-BE80-82B5A22A3EFC.jpeg
    56D37114-FD2D-497C-BE80-82B5A22A3EFC.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 9722DCBD-0B22-4163-ADB3-894AAD401FF1.jpeg
    9722DCBD-0B22-4163-ADB3-894AAD401FF1.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 74

To get a similar look, what would you recommend for a base 5 with 50% white at root and a brassy dull pretreated orange level 6 on the rest? Do I use Koleston to cover the gray since Illumina doesn't seem to be so good with whites (I'm a bit confused about using 66/0 vs 6/00 vs 6/0...and for the mid lengths & highlights, is there a specific product you recommend to prelighten that works best with Wella?

Last edited:
This is my clients hair she’s has natural roots and light blond bits midlenths and ends
Yeah I think you'll be fine using both formulas on this clients hair. Equal amounts in each formula. You can apply all this together. If you'd prefer you could separate the lighter pieces out and maybe place them in foil.

To get a similar look, what would you recommend for a base 5 with 50% white at root and a brassy dull pretreated orange level 6 on the rest? Do I use Koleston to cover the gray since Illumina doesn't seem to be so good with whites (I'm a bit confused about using 66/0 vs 6/00 vs 6/0...and for the mid lengths & highlights, is there a specific product you recommend to prelighten that works best with Wella?
Hi there, illumina does cover 100% white providing you mix it with base and use 20vol.
So you could go for the same formula with 20vol, add base if you feel you need to.
For prelightening I'd definitely recommend blondor bleach powder or granules (wella bleach) to cover any of the orang mid lengths I'd just use 5/81+7/81 illumina with pastel. And then to tone your lighter accent pieces you could just use the 8/96+9/17 with pastel.

Yeah I think you'll be fine using both formulas on this clients hair. Equal amounts in each formula. You can apply all this together. If you'd prefer you could separate the lighter pieces out and maybe place them in foil.
Will I use 6% on roots illumina and 6% on the ends for the toner with koleston?

No if you use 6% on the ends it won't be a toner.
For it to be a toner you'd use 1.9%/pastel.

No if you use 6% on the ends it won't be a toner.
For it to be a toner you'd use 1.9%/pastel.
Thank you ... I don’t use much of koleston perfect for toning I use colour touch that’s why I asked.
So roots illumina 6/16 + 7/81 6%
midlength and ends koleston perfect 8/96 + 9/17 pastel 1.9%

Thank you Ron. Do you think 6/16 would cover the whites or use 6/ ? For mid lengths, mix 20vol + equal Blondor, then use 5/81+7/81 or add the bleach to the mix? I've not used Blondor so not familiar with it. Would prefer not to use bleach to avoid damage but I can't seem to get the orange out whatever Koleston 7 shade I use on her hair... so I guess I'm asking, is there a way to lighten to a 7 but get ash not orange without using bleach or is bleach the only way to do it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back