Wella colour coming off on clients towel!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali1005

Reaction score
Hi All, can anyone help! I have a client with 80% grey. I’ve foiled her hair with Wella 66/46 using 6% the colour is coming off on her towels, there isn’t much fading, anyway I did it again and she’s saying it’s happened again. I advised to use a colour shampoo and conditioner, less sulpha and synthetics in etc, but still happening! It maybe her grey is resistant but she’s now demanding money back, in 12 years I’ve not come across this. I’ve emailed Wella so wait to hear. Any advice?!

Really? What happens when she is shampoo-ed in the salon?
I suspect she’s a scammer rather than a genuine client if her hair hasn’t faded very much.

I’m mobile. When I did it second time I shampooed twice and left conditioner on a while, I used natural shampoo and conditioner, she has her hair done once a year!!! I think she just wants her money back and using anything to get it. I have nearly 50 really positive reviews on my advert and I just don’t need that one that complains

Hi All, can anyone help! I have a client with 80% grey. I’ve foiled her hair with Wella 66/46 using 6% the colour is coming off on her towels, there isn’t much fading, anyway I did it again and she’s saying it’s happened again. I advised to use a colour shampoo and conditioner, less sulpha and synthetics in etc, but still happening! It maybe her grey is resistant but she’s now demanding money back, in 12 years I’ve not come across this. I’ve emailed Wella so wait to hear. Any advice?!
It's probably just colour left on the surface of the hair. As we know red is one of the larger colour molecules that is the hardest to get right in the hair. Some of the colour molecules are probably sat either on or just below the cuticles and when she's shampooing (opening the cuticle) colour is seeping out. It's so important to use an anti oxidising shampoo and conditioner to finish the colouring process, especially with vivid colours. If she's noticing colour transfer when she towel dries her hair she's obviously using a light coloured towel, which anybody with and ounce of common sense would know is a school kid error!
No reason to refund whatsoever. If she washed her towels appropriately the colour transfer will come out, because its no longer oxidative, and is only surface colour, which has been diluted with a lot of water and shampoo etc....
For future reference make sure when doing vibrant colours, you insist on using a dark /colourful towel and always rinse the hair really well (until the water runs clear) definitely use anti oxi products too.

It's probably just colour left on the surface of the hair. As we know red is one of the larger colour molecules that is the hardest to get right in the hair. Some of the colour molecules are probably sat either on or just below the cuticles and when she's shampooing (opening the cuticle) colour is seeping out. It's so important to use an anti oxidising shampoo and conditioner to finish the colouring process, especially with vivid colours. If she's noticing colour transfer when she towel dries her hair she's obviously using a light coloured towel, which anybody with and ounce of common sense would know is a school kid error!
No reason to refund whatsoever. If she washed her towels appropriately the colour transfer will come out, because its no longer oxidative, and is only surface colour, which has been diluted with a lot of water and shampoo etc....
For future reference make sure when doing vibrant colours, you insist on using a dark /colourful towel and always rinse the hair really well (until the water runs clear) definitely use anti oxi products too.

Thank you for your great advice, I’ve explained to her before and after that reds need maintenance and do fade, like any colour. I think she’s trying it on as she’s taking her time with sending me a picture...

Latest posts

Back