Wella colour correction help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chattichic

Reaction score
Hi, have a client with foils 12/17 but there are too many and client would prefer a bit more ashy.
My plan i to maybe use 12/1 and to break it up a bit with some lowlights nearer to her natural colour so that she is getting away from block regrowth.
She is already naturally light between 8 or 9 base with a little warmth. Any advice would be appreciated on what to use for the lowlight.
Thanks.

I can't see how using 12/1 is going to get you a much ashier result than 12/17 tbh. I would bleach and tone, probably only use a pastel over the coloured ends, but tone with an illumina for a very ashy result if you use wella, if not something like a 10/16.
7/73 is a lovely lowlight in colour touch, with 1.9% and will be better suited than a permanent on the pre lightened hair :)

That's just what I would do, but obviously depends on how good condition the hair is :)

why would you use a 12/1?

I can't see how using 12/1 is going to get you a much ashier result than 12/17 tbh. I would bleach and tone, probably only use a pastel over the coloured ends, but tone with an illumina for a very ashy result if you use wella, if not something like a 10/16.
7/73 is a lovely lowlight in colour touch, with 1.9% and will be better suited than a permanent on the pre lightened hair :)

That's just what I would do, but obviously depends on how good condition the hair is :)

If shes naturally an 8 theres no need for bleach.

What about 12/81?

Don't low light it with anything below an 8 you'll have a really ugly looking root.

Thanks for your replies.
The result on her hair at the mo is a little to yellowy than preferred.
The reason we were looking at 12/1 is the 12/17 does have some warmth wheras 12/1 does not.
We're not looking for major changes & I agree there's no need for bleach because it lifts really well already it's just the wrong tone at the moment.

I've not used Wella for long, I am l'oreal trained. I was either looking at one of the 88 shades or maybe 9/38 to try and get her hair looking like highlights rather than a full head colour. If truth be told I am a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to colour correction...:eek:
Also the condition is great.
Thanks again.

Thanks for your replies.
The result on her hair at the mo is a little to yellowy than preferred.
The reason we were looking at 12/1 is the 12/17 does have some warmth wheras 12/1 does not.
We're not looking for major changes & I agree there's no need for bleach because it lifts really well already it's just the wrong tone at the moment.

I've not used Wella for long, I am l'oreal trained. I was either looking at one of the 88 shades or maybe 9/38 to try and get her hair looking like highlights rather than a full head colour. If truth be told I am a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to colour correction...:eek:
Also the condition is great.
Thanks again.

88 shades?

12/1 will more than likely look the same as 12/17, you need a bit more neutralisation. 12/61, 12/16, 12/96 or either 3 mixed with 12/11 would be perfect for a base 8 i feel.

Why not foil all the roots with highlift and use conditioner on the ends to keep it in the foil, then go inbetween all your foils with 8/38? Pre pig first though to ensure longevity. (Perfecton applied with a sponge would be perfect)

My hair is similar to as above. A level 8 naturally with pre lightened ends. I've always had pastel bleach through mine as I'm not particularly a fan of high lift, although that's just my opinion and if you get on well with it great!
I like to bleach mine so I can tone with illumina as personally I'm a huge fan of the finish and shine with illumina. although I have lifted with illumina alone before the finish wasn't as crisp if you understand me lol.

Re the low light a 7/73 colour touch is perfect for me as it fades within a couple of weeks to a colour that blends lovely with my natural root. However my hair is waist length and so maybe more porous than that of your client.

Which ever way you decide to go, good luck with your end result xx

hi marie thanks, yes sometimes use bleach with low vol. But in this case It's more the lowlight over the already existing high lift that I am nervy about.

My hair is similar to as above. A level 8 naturally with pre lightened ends. I've always had pastel bleach through mine as I'm not particularly a fan of high lift, although that's just my opinion and if you get on well with it great!
I like to bleach mine so I can tone with illumina as personally I'm a huge fan of the finish and shine with illumina. although I have lifted with illumina alone before the finish wasn't as crisp if you understand me lol.

Re the low light a 7/73 colour touch is perfect for me as it fades within a couple of weeks to a colour that blends lovely with my natural root. However my hair is waist length and so maybe more porous than that of your client.

Which ever way you decide to go, good luck with your end result xx

Are you sure its an 8 as its a VERY rare natural depth. But when someones describing it as a 9 like the OP I know its an 8. Lots of 7's think they're 8's when really they're not.

Are you from Scandinavian decent? 8's are more common amongst Nordic people.

In regards to illumina you can totally use a highlift then tone with illumina, try 12/81 then tone with whatever you usually use in a illumina and i promise crispness if you're really an 8.

In the
Are you sure its an 8 as its a VERY rare natural depth. But when someones describing it as a 9 like the OP I know its an 8. Lots of 7's think they're 8's when really they're not.

Are you from Scandinavian decent? 8's are more common amongst Nordic people.

In regards to illumina you can totally use a highlift then tone with illumina, try 12/81 then tone with whatever you usually use in a illumina and i promise crispness if you're really an 8.

In the winter more of a 7 but definitely an 8 over summer once the suns been on it, does highlight not take ages? I only have bleach and pastel on about 20mins max and then tone for 2/3 mins.

Thanks cams, the 8/38 sounds good. Also i think my client does have that nordic look & she has similar skin tone. You have beeen really helpful.

In the

In the winter more of a 7 but definitely an 8 over summer once the suns been on it, does highlight not take ages? I only have bleach and pastel on about 20mins max and then tone for 2/3 mins.

Depends what kind of look you're going for, highlights will look much less harsh than scalp bleach.

can ask what kind colour did u achieve with the 7.73 for the client?

I like 88/07 to break up too much blonde it's nice x

Latest posts

Back