Wella colour help with high lift blondes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelsxo

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a new client, around a base 5 or maybe 6 naturally, with white ones too!

she has box dyed her hair over lockdown so also has a bit of a warmer mid band Going on.

ideally we want to match her roots to the ends. I’m thinking of maybe going in with KP 12/81 + 6%. Worried that this will lift too warm tho as only using 6% due to her white ones?
also would you pull the colour down to the mids once the roots have been applied to try and shift the warmth?
Or what would you suggest?
Thank you in advance :)

Attachments

• C895E432-08EC-4EE7-9955-216351559772.jpeg
    C895E432-08EC-4EE7-9955-216351559772.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 27
  • F1E05B9F-399B-4C1E-B183-33F935E9296C.jpeg
    F1E05B9F-399B-4C1E-B183-33F935E9296C.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 244504C7-29AD-4196-B166-0860C0FFA19F.jpeg
    244504C7-29AD-4196-B166-0860C0FFA19F.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 29
Hello,

she has box dyed her hair over lockdown so also has a bit of a warmer mid band Going on.

ideally we want to match her roots to the ends. I’m thinking of maybe going in with KP 12/81 + 6%. Worried that this will lift too warm tho as only using 6% due to her white ones?
also would you pull the colour down to the mids once the roots have been applied to try and shift the warmth?

What percentage of grey does she have?Schwarzkopf have a Blondme White Lifting creme which is designed to provide a strong lift with good coverage. Personally, I would overlap the root application onto the bands and emulsify for the last-5 minutes to tone.

Hello,

Sorry - I completely overlooked the “Wells” part!

A highlift won’t do anything to remove the banding and won’t work anywhere near as well as bleach with 6%.

A highlift won’t do anything to remove the banding and won’t work anywhere near as well as bleach with 6%.

In my experience, highlift can and will remove the banding. I personally don’t favour bleach for use on frequent root touch-ups because in my opinion overlap is inevitable, no matter how precise the application.

What percentage of grey does she have?Schwarzkopf have a Blondme White Lifting creme which is designed to provide a strong lift with good coverage. Personally, I would overlap the root application onto the bands and emulsify for the last-5 minutes to tone.
Thank you! I would say maybe 50-70% at the front but the back she still has slot of dark left! Is the blondeme a bleach? I’m not familiar with Schwarzkopf x

I Completely agree a high lift won’t work anywhere near as well, but her usual hairdresser doesn’t use bleach so she wants to keep it that way! X

I Completely agree a high lift won’t work anywhere near as well, but her usual hairdresser doesn’t use bleach so she wants to keep it that way! X

I’m wary of hairdressers who won’t use bleach and I wonder if it’s because they are inexperienced colourists who would rather do the same old, same old instead of challenging themselves to learn and grow their skills.

Thank you! I would say maybe 50-70% at the front but the back she still has slot of dark left! Is the blondeme a bleach? I’m not familiar with Schwarzkopf x

Sorry for the late reply - it’s a highlift designed for clients with up to 30% of white/grey hair.

Latest posts

Back