Wella colour help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JosieW

Reaction score
I have a client who is natural base 7, has been bleaching her win hair so it's all white apart from her roots which are orange due to a home tint she did.

She now would like balayage look with a few highlights through the top but keep the white ends.

My mind has gone blank with what to use for the root colour to apply to the white so that it takes and is noticeable?

Any help appreciated! I've attached pic of client now and how she wants colour.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1481746490.381560.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1481746502.060198.jpg

Something in a 7 but it depends on your colour house as you normally need to pre-pig when dropping more than 2 levels and an ashy 7 can easily look a bit khaki.

I would do a combo of bablylight and on balayage her and concentrate on getting some face frame highlights so she keeps that brightness that she's used to seeing
you are going to have to deposit pretty deep to get rid of the band of orange and its not your fault so tell her its a process.
as far as creating some depth i would first section out the face frame pieces and keep the color off them. I might do it with shades eq using 05N over the orange and melting 5N and 5G down on to the blonde as far down as you want depth.

If you wanted to create depth with wella I would use KP 6/1 and 7/1 with pastel developer on the roots. and melt down to a 9 at the mid shafts and ten on the ends.
I don't think that's "Technically" what wella would say to do but I do it everyday.

I'd isolate with foils and baby lights mostly around the face then I'd go in with a 5 or 6 with some gold. And maybe bringing Afew lowlights down with 8.3. If it's too warm I'd tone with 5/81 and 6/16 with pastel and refresh the ends with 9/60. Her hair looks very light so I'd be abit worried with an ash grabbing. I'd just tone out the gold accordingly after. I done something similar il try post a pic

I just wouldn't take the colour down too low as it looks like she wants a slight root stretch

I would use a colour touch 7/0+7/89 so that it wont have a bad fade and a prepigmentation need.

If you go lower than her natural 7 she will have obvious banding on the regrowth.

I would go with fine foil lights, and a 77/0 for full cover but drag it down the mid lengths a bit.
I'd tone the bleach with 30g 10/0 and 0.5g /66 on dry hair with 6% x

A lv.8G...the yellow pigment is missing & is the predominant underlying pigment of a lv.7-8 so a pure G followed by target 7N will be best. The N has a balanced amount of RYB pigments so the double dose of Y with just the right amount of R+B will be formulated in the target 7N

Latest posts

Back