Wella colour question-new to using Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's absolutely fine you keep doing what you do. I'm merely trying to advise you however its your choice to take that advise or not to.

You probably are a brilliant hairdresser and i don't doubt that from the posts you've made across this forum.
Thank you very much and so are you!

No I don't... But I'm not fooled.

I much prefer dia light! Only use hilifts in an emergency like at Christmas when the colour cupboards running low and the wholesalers will have always ran out of what you need!!!

Do you have a wella account being mobile?

I can just about guarantee better results using 10 line and pastel rather than 12. The ammonia level in the 12 series is damaging the hair unnecessarily and won't produce the long lasting results and shine. Rather than arguing about it and chalking it up to each his own, try it! You will get better results and have happier clients. No matter where you learned a technique or how long you have been using, try to stay open minded.

Last edited:
I much prefer dia light! Only use hilifts in an emergency like at Christmas when the colour cupboards running low and the wholesalers will have always ran out of what you need!!!

Do you have a wella account being mobile?

Illumina all the way. Colour touch relights too.

Nope its quite hard to get one. Sugarplumfaery had loads of trouble trying to get one.

You'd think if you're buying a lot they'd be happy for you to have an account! Illumnia is amazing but what's relights is that like Dialight? Can't wait for my courses booked for 2016!

You'd think if you're buying a lot they'd be happy for you to have an account! Illumnia is amazing but what's relights is that like Dialight? Can't wait for my courses booked for 2016!

Yeah its demi

Now when I was doing the wella correction course the colour techs told us not to use special blondes for toning. I've never done that myself anyway, but I know others who do. Everyone learns different I suppose.
Love the relights for toning. Used the illumina 9/43 to clean up green tinge I had on a client few weeks back, mixed equal parts with pastel and wella post colour treatment. Lovely!

Used a 12 to tone before, just cause I wanted to try it it was soooo patchy at it took so quick in places and not in others and it started to lift the natural hair also so it's my opinion that they don't make good toners

In my shop I'm in the rest if the girls use matrix and they fine there full head bleaches by drying the hair than applying the Ultralights with 12% all over they think it's odd that I use quasi for toning!!!

In my shop I'm in the rest if the girls use matrix and they fine there full head bleaches by drying the hair than applying the Ultralights with 12% all over they think it's odd that I use quasi for toning!!!

Corporate salons buy tons of wella product, they get kinda like "wella points". These are used to send stylists within the company to the wella studios where they become "wella trainers". These people are used just within the company to educate other stylists. And that's where technicians come from.

I tone wih the hilifts if I don't gave the right colours in illumnia or colour touch 12/81, 12/61 and 12/89 go really nice
agreed- I have done it too over my platinum girls because the 10's depostied too much and made it dull so I have used the 12's and had beautiful results.
you certainly won't find it suggested in a wella manual. But yes you can tone with high lifts and if you use Pastel developer it reduces the ammonia up to 70%.

agreed- I have done it too over my platinum girls because the 10's depostied too much and made it dull so I have used the 12's and had beautiful results.
you certainly won't find it suggested in a wella manual. But yes you can tone with high lifts and if you use Pastel developer it reduces the ammonia up to 70%.

That's what I finds good with them too they deposit tone wothout depositing depth!

Latest posts

Back