Wella colour questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caitlinfaulks

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
i've just switched from Loreal to Wella and one of my favourite things to do with Loreal colour was low light even when i was doing a full head of highlights, and my lowlights would actually stop processing and wouldnt go deeper than they were supposed to. Now i'm just wondering if i'd still be able to do this with Wella (and if so which range/s?)
Just refining my knowledge on the brand.
Also another question - I know that Colour Touch provides up to 50% coverage of greys and also Colour touch plus provides up to 70%, does this require 1/2 of a natural base shade included in the formulation?

Thank you!

Hi Guys!
i've just switched from Loreal to Wella and one of my favourite things to do with Loreal colour was low light even when i was doing a full head of highlights, and my lowlights would actually stop processing and wouldnt go deeper than they were supposed to. Now i'm just wondering if i'd still be able to do this with Wella (and if so which range/s?)
Just refining my knowledge on the brand.
Also another question - I know that Colour Touch provides up to 50% coverage of greys and also Colour touch plus provides up to 70%, does this require 1/2 of a natural base shade included in the formulation?

Thank you!
I'd normally use colour touch for lowlights, this is designed to deposit, but I've never found it to keep depositing after the standard 20 minutes. 70% white coverage with colour touch plus is correct and you would use the desired shade with the colour touch plus 4% developer. As for the colour touch I believe you can get up to 50% white covereage with all shades. But I wouldn't expect that from the 9's or 10's as I don't think they're pigmented enough.

I'd normally use colour touch for lowlights, this is designed to deposit, but I've never found it to keep depositing after the standard 20 minutes. 70% white coverage with colour touch plus is correct and you would use the desired shade with the colour touch plus 4% developer. As for the colour touch I believe you can get up to 50% white covereage with all shades. But I wouldn't expect that from the 9's or 10's as I don't think they're pigmented enough.

Thanks! Can’t wait to experiment more [emoji16]

Latest posts

Back