Wella Colour Touch apply wet or dry??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup Honey

Reaction score
Toning down a 77/45 today which was applied on dry hair for more intensity.
Just wondering if I should apply the 7/0 I'm using to tone it down on towel dried or dry hair? I have only recently discovered that col touch is more permanent than semi perm to my annoyance as this is not what I had been told at a wella course recently:mad: so not very happy. The red was mixed with 4% and I'm using 1.9 for toner. Anyone know ??
Thanks x

Color touch is applied to clean towel dried hair. 1.9% is your semi perm 4% is your Demi perm. Also need to factor in your porosity.

If the red is quite stubborn and condition allows could considor using a cleansing shamooo first?( 30 grams blondor powder, 30ml 6%, 60ml warm water, 15ml shampoo) and then depending on result maybe apply dry as you want the coverage x

Hi guys,
thanks for replies.
I applied on dry hair (had been told at a wella course to apply on dry for more intensity or 50% white) and it came up gorgeous. I only mixed with 1.9 developer, we'll see how it fades and how the red comes through (which it will). I know if I used a green ash it should kill the red off but I wanted to try this first. Hair was nearly waist length, wavy, good porosity. She v happy with result and so was I:)

Latest posts

Back