Wella Colour Touch pink rinse tone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caitlinfaulks

Reaction score
Hi there!
My client is 95% gray and is asking for the pinky/lilac colour in the photo.
I highly doubt bleaching is going to be an option and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with this formula. I'm thinking colour touch might work well 10/0 + a touch of /65 or even 10/6 added as well, however im concerned its not going to take (how embarrassing would that be lol). This should be super simple but i know i'm definitely over complicating it in my head but just hoping i could get some advice!

Thanks guys.
199093120_273135464596387_5735092818210501811_n.jpeg

Hi there!
My client is 95% gray and is asking for the pinky/lilac colour in the photo.
I highly doubt bleaching is going to be an option and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with this formula. I'm thinking colour touch might work well 10/0 + a touch of /65 or even 10/6 added as well, however im concerned its not going to take (how embarrassing would that be lol). This should be super simple but i know i'm definitely over complicating it in my head but just hoping i could get some advice!

Thanks guys.
View attachment 212501
What base are you trying to put it over. Bleaching would be the first step really, as something like that colour will need to go over a clean level 10.

What base are you trying to put it over. Bleaching would be the first step really, as something like that colour will need to go over a clean level 10.
She’s only got pigment in the back at a Level 6, very scattered salt and pepper but the front/top is pretty much 100% white. I guess I could also look at putting a direct dye on just to give the white a little bit of colour?

She’s only got pigment in the back at a Level 6, very scattered salt and pepper but the front/top is pretty much 100% white. I guess I could also look at putting a direct dye on just to give the white a little bit of colour?
Have a look at wella colour fresh mask in rose blaze :)

Can you do some strand tests first? Direct dyes don’t always cover white hair very well, but it really depends on the individual. If it does cover ok, the salt and pepper hair at the back could look really pretty with a pink tint contrast.

that was the question I was going asking too my client is about the same white on top scattered natural grey at the back looking for a hint or pink or lilic nothing that will last did you get recommended what pale pink to use ??

that was the question I was going asking too my client is about the same white on top scattered natural grey at the back looking for a hint or pink or lilic nothing that will last did you get recommended what pale pink to use ??
I’m not gonna lie I didn’t have access to colour fresh mask so I used crazy colour, followed gray coverage directions and it did nearly nothing lol, great!
So at the basin I literally did 1cm /65 and 20g illumina 10/ with 4% and just watched it develop for about 4 mins. It turned out accurate but i guess we’ll see how it fades.

Well done on your Illumina formula. 👍 although, I’d probably use 6% rather than 4% next time.

Latest posts

Back