Wella Colour Touch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannsh

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been experimenting with wella on my own hair. Looking to do a shadow root on my highlifted hair but would prefer to use it on dry hair. Would the results be wildly different? I’ll be using 1.9 and want to keep things sheer.

Hi all,

Been experimenting with wella on my own hair. Looking to do a shadow root on my highlifted hair but would prefer to use it on dry hair. Would the results be wildly different? I’ll be using 1.9 and want to keep things sheer.

It will be slightly darker on dry hair, I find wet hair easier to blend the colours.

The wella maestro! ;) Thanks for replying! I do prefer working with wet hair too but my hair is a nightmare to detangle and section when wet... I might just spritz some water on the areas of application beforehand.

The wella maestro! ;) Thanks for replying! I do prefer working with wet hair too but my hair is a nightmare to detangle and section when wet... I might just spritz some water on the areas of application beforehand.
Ahh I see, maybe go a shade lighter or half a shade lighter than the desired result, it usually goes a bit flatter on dry hair too.
Have you tried "it's a 10"?
It's an amazing detangler and leave in conditioner!

I agree, you'll get a much more blended result applying to wet hair. The water helps to disperse and soften the product!

Thanks both! I’ll grin and bear it with wet hair and the comb ;)

I bought a few shades to play about with - 7/71, 8/71, 8/81 and 9/97. Hair is freshly lifted to a 9 with root glow. I love beige tones but my fear is that the 9/97 wouldn’t be dark enough to cover. But there’s no beige level 7 or 8. What do you guys think? I like a cooler root but nothing too extreme because I’ll be dragging this down very slightly onto level 10 porous hair. Don’t want any grey/blue tones!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I bought a few shades to play about with - 7/71, 8/71, 8/81 and 9/97. Hair is freshly lifted to a 9 with root glow. I love beige tones but my fear is that the 9/97 wouldn’t be dark enough to cover. But there’s no beige level 7 or 8. What do you guys think? I like a cooler root but nothing too extreme because I’ll be dragging this down very slightly onto level 10 porous hair. Don’t want any grey/blue tones!

They have a 7/97! 7 and 8/71 are gorgeous for lowlights and root stretches, as are the /97s. 8/81 will probably be extremely cool on a level 9, silver on a 10. 9/97 would be a nice toner on a level 9 but yes it won't add a good shadow, you could mix it with 7/97 to get an 8.

Yes 7/97! You can mix that with 9/97 to create a darker shade. As @cassies97 said 8/71 is lovely too!

They have a 7/97! 7 and 8/71 are gorgeous for lowlights and root stretches, as are the /97s. 8/81 will probably be extremely cool on a level 9, silver on a 10. 9/97 would be a nice toner on a level 9 but yes it won't add a good shadow, you could mix it with 7/97 to get an 8.

Oh no! Didn’t see that in salon services. Thanks a million for the info Cassie! I’ll try to get my hands on the 7/97 and mix with the 9 I have.

Yes 7/97! You can mix that with 9/97 to create a darker shade. As @cassies97 said 8/71 is lovely too!

Will try one of those options this time and the other the next :D thanks Ronray

Oh no! Didn’t see that in salon services. Thanks a million for the info Cassie! I’ll try to get my hands on the 7/97 and mix with the 9 I have.
Good luck! You've picked some really good shades to experiment with!

Guysss... I made a pig of my shadow. I underestimated the depth of the root glow and the 8/81 has darkened it slightly but not cooled it enough. I should’ve gone with a 7. I also dragged it a little too far, too soon, and it’s grabbed onto my very porous lightened hair and given a silver tone (which would’ve been lovely if not for the warm roots).

Any thoughts as to what would work best to remove this? Bleach bath or colour remover?

Guysss... I made a pig of my shadow. I underestimated the depth of the root glow and the 8/81 has darkened it slightly but not cooled it enough. I should’ve gone with a 7. I also dragged it a little too far, too soon, and it’s grabbed onto my very porous lightened hair and given a silver tone (which would’ve been lovely if not for the warm roots).

Any thoughts as to what would work best to remove this? Bleach bath or colour remover?
Ahh yes, I personally wouldn't have touched it with 8/81 you'd have been better with a /71.

Why not just use something warm on a 7-8 to warm the silver up?

Thanks. I know :oops: I really didn’t intend to drag it so far down otherwise I wouldn’t bother too much. This stuff really lasts compared with my usual matrix though (been washing my hair constantly with minimal fade and still retained good shine). So I do like the product and will use it again. For now though, I just want a clean slate :)

Thanks. I know :oops: I really didn’t intend to drag it so far down otherwise I wouldn’t bother too much. This stuff really lasts compared with my usual matrix though (been washing my hair constantly with minimal fade and still retained good shine). So I do like the product and will use it again. For now though, I just want a clean slate :)
If you use a deep cleansing shampoo it will lift the silver (overtone) outyand then go back in with 8/71 +6/71 that's what I'd probably do.

Thanks Ronray. That’s what I was planning to do (well, I wasn’t sure about which colour to pick but would go with your recommendation), but I have been washing frequently for a week now with pretty strong shampoo and the tone just isn’t budging. I think I need a light bleach bath and start over in a month when my roots are through again.

Latest posts

Back