Wella colour went slightly too warm, how to fix it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zara761

Reaction score
I sent some colour to my mum so she could dye her hair during "lockdown" and it went very warm, she used well half 88/0 half 99/0 with 6% she has resistant grey hair that's why I used double base.the result was about an 8/04 not the outcome we didn't want, Im not sure what to put on to take away the warmth?
Is she best to use a colour fresh or go back over with with with the same mixture with 0/11 added into it. your help and advise would be greatly apreciated.

If the grey is all covered, then go back over it with 9/8 and if you need a bit more of a cooler result add some 8/1 with pastel leave for at least 20mins.

Perfect thank you.. I will give that a try... moving forward you do use add /11 to the mixture to prevent it going too warm? So half 88/0 half 99/0 and 6cm /11?

Perfect thank you.. I will give that a try... moving forward you do use add /11 to the mixture to prevent it going too warm? So half 88/0 half 99/0 and 6cm /11?
You could do, but I should imagine 0/88 or 0/28 would be more beneficial. 0/11 isn't really a counteracting tone, it only subdues warmth.
Do you need the double bases?

Yeah she does, her grey is very resistant. Thank you for the advice

Latest posts

Back