Wella double bases

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N@t@li3

Reaction score
Hiya I have recently taken on a client from another salon her previous notes was fine foils 88/0 and 6% and 8/38 with 6%. Now the hair is white but it can’t of been very porous I’ve found the 88/0 looks far too dark on the hair. Would you recommend I took her up a shade? She only wants really just some light tones going through to break up the white without feeling it’s been overly done.

Hiya I have recently taken on a client from another salon her previous notes was fine foils 88/0 and 6% and 8/38 with 6%. Now the hair is white but it can’t of been very porous I’ve found the 88/0 looks far too dark on the hair. Would you recommend I took her up a shade? She only wants really just some light tones going through to break up the white without feeling it’s been overly done.
How does she feel about the colour she has now? Don't change it if she's happy with it. If she feels it's too dark then try 99/0 6% instead of the 88/0 or maybe even 8/0 +6% for a subtle change.

So because she’s had the same colour for years she doesn’t like it looks darker don’t get me wrong the colour isn’t bad it almost has beige tones and it blends but it’s more the fact the client can notice so maybe I’ll go for the 99/0 next time or even like you say just 8/0! Thankyou

Next time, I recommend taking any ex hairdresser notes as a starting point but always do a thorough consultation with a new client and come up with your own formula.
Clients are sometimes afraid of change but;
1. You don’t know how accurate the notes are (maybe just a dash of 88/0 was used?) and,
2. You want the client to be impressed by your overall colouring skills, not just your ability to apply the colour.

Wella reformulated there Koleston perfect when they released perfect me+ and I find the bases are slightly darker to get a colour match with old formulations I’ve had to drop clients half a shade as when I first transitioned to the new colours my clients were saying it felt darker although it was the same colour as previous, so my 88/0 clients are now 1/2 88/0 and 1/2 99/0.

Latest posts

Back