Wella freelights balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trudituesday

Reaction score
Hi . It's my first time using Wella freelights on my lady. Very fine hair natural virgin hair level 7 She'd like to go to natural level 9-10 natural sun kissed look. Can anyone advise me on the strength of developer as the instruction say up to 5 level lift. Does anyone have anyexperience in using this product, what developer stenghth and idea of time. I think she should process quite quickly. But reading some of the other threads they seem disappointed with the results. Warm room and cling film wrap? Any advise appreciated. Oh and apparently the processing time slows down after 15 minutes or says the Wella info... so I guess if I'm painting I should mix smaller amounts? But more often? Thanks

She's the right candidate for Freelights just use 6 or 9% or alternate its a clay type lightened so stays put and doesn't bleed I wouldn't use Freelights under a natural level 6

Start with 9% work up to 12% my advice , it's very slow !

She's the right candidate for Freelights just use 6 or 9% or alternate its a clay type lightened so stays put and doesn't bleed I wouldn't use Freelights under a natural level 6
Start with 9% work up to 12% my advice , it's very slow !
Thanks so much. When you say slow....how slow? She has very fine hair. Sally's only stocked 9% in store which explains a lot purhaps you need a 9% to guarantee the lift! Thanks

Very , x just allow xtra time for developing , you don't see immediate lightening as you would a normal lightener, it s just a very gradual process.

Freelights is designed for very soft lightning. I only use it with 12% x

Freelights is designed for very soft lightning. I only use it with 12% x

Thanks so much! So 12% will give me quicker results and a lighter lift? I'm lifting a level 6-7 to a level 9-10 v. Fine hair? Others ivevread use clinge film / heat. I know it's clay based so will dry slightly which I guess stops the bleading from happening. Processing inside. Warm room helps I guess?
Thanks for your help!

Very , x just allow xtra time for developing , you don't see immediate lightening as you would a normal lightener, it s just a very gradual process.
Thanks Caz . Really helpful !!

Latest posts

Back