Wella gloss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah797

Reaction score
Can someone give me a little more info on colour touch gloss 0/00.

If I wanted to add it to a colour touch tint to purely add a bit more shine do I have to alter the shade I am picking? For example, if I want a level 6 will I need to do a level 5 if mixing with the gloss as it will lessen the intensity? Do you mix half gloss with half the chosen shade and then 2 parts 1.9%?

I hope this makes sense! I have been told different things from different reps.

Colour touch is very shiny as is, you won't need to add any 0/00 all it'll do is dilute the depth AND the tone.

The only time you'd mix it with other colours, in my opinion, is when trying to create pastel shades.

Thank you! I agree with the shine being great already.

Colour touch is very shiny as is, you won't need to add any 0/00 all it'll do is dilute the depth AND the tone.

The only time you'd mix it with other colours, in my opinion, is when trying to create pastel shades.

I have a slightly different question with regards to the developers. Do you tone with permanent or colour touch? I tend to use colour touch however someone made a very valid comment which was- wella pastel 1.9% is for toning with koleston perfect level 9/10 so surely you can actually use the permanent to tone as well as colour touch?

I have a slightly different question with regards to the developers. Do you tone with permanent or colour touch? I tend to use colour touch however someone made a very valid comment which was- wella pastel 1.9% is for toning with koleston perfect level 9/10 so surely you can actually use the permanent to tone as well as colour touch?
You can, but I prefer colour touch, the only time I ever used koleston to tone is if I coukd recreate the colour I wanted with colour touch. Main reason being that even with 1.9% KP is still a permanent tint, so it's formulated with ammonia to give lift. Ammonia + peroxide creates lift even in small quantities. Because of this KP opens the cuticle more than CT would. Hope this helps.

Yes that makes sense. Can you use KP pastel 1.9% with colour touch as it is the same strength as the colour touch developer or is it completely different?

Yes that makes sense. Can you use KP pastel 1.9% with colour touch as it is the same strength as the colour touch developer or is it completely different?
To be honest you are supposed to use the matching developers, but I have seen videos by wella where the colourists are using welloxon 1.9%/pastel with colour touch. And I've also seen them use CT 1.9% with kp and illumina.

Ah that’s interesting! I do always use the correct developers and never buy a cheaper alternative but just wondered with them both being wella products :) thank you... again :)

Latest posts

Back