Wella hair advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 140524

Reaction score
Hi, been out for abit so just want a little advice. My client (first pic) has a very out grown patchy colour and is hoping to go warmer (in her words ginger) but lighter. She wants a 9/3 or 9/4 or near to the second pic. She is a base 5. She doesn’t want bleach. I use Wella. What would u guys do ??

Attachments

• 5FF59AEF-357C-4A0A-8CCD-570A5690253E.jpeg
    5FF59AEF-357C-4A0A-8CCD-570A5690253E.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 0
  • E39C46AD-81FB-42D6-8556-A8044A1CB8AB.jpeg
    E39C46AD-81FB-42D6-8556-A8044A1CB8AB.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi, been out for abit so just want a little advice. My client (first pic) has a very out grown patchy colour and is hoping to go warmer (in her words ginger) but lighter. She wants a 9/3 or 9/4 or near to the second pic. She is a base 5. She doesn’t want bleach. I use Wella. What would u guys do ??
The best lift you will get on coloured hair without bleach will be KP 10/0 + 12% . I would absolutely do a strand test though because it's not guaranteed. I'm curious to know why your client states she doesn't want bleach?

The best lift you will get on coloured hair without bleach will be KP 10/0 + 12% . I would absolutely do a strand test though because it's not guaranteed. I'm curious to know why your
The best lift you will get on coloured hair without bleach will be KP 10/0 + 12% . I would absolutely do a strand test though because it's not guaranteed. I'm curious to know why your client states she doesn't want bleach?
She wants the warm tones and doesn’t want to be bleach blonde.
I I was thinking maybe a highlight

@ronray whay would you do if this was you ??
Personally I wouldn't let my client dictate how I do my job. I don't go to my dentist and tell him what tools to use. Or go to my doctor and tell them what medication I want.
If it was me ,my course of action would be to strand test with 10/0+12% see what you can achieve.... If it doesn't lift enough then explain this to the client. If she really doesn't want bleach then she has to change her expectation. If she doesn't like what you can achieve without bleach. Then I'd do a full head bleach probably start with 3% leave around half inch at the root, when the hair has lifted to a level 7 then apply bleach +3% to the roots leave until it's an even 9 then tone with 9/31+ 9/73 with pastel.

Personally I wouldn't let my client dictate how I do my job. I don't go to my dentist and tell him what tools to use. Or go to my doctor and tell them what medication I want.
If it was me ,my course of action would be to strand test with 10/0+12% see what you can achieve.... If it doesn't lift enough then explain this to the client. If she really doesn't want bleach then she has to change her expectation. If she doesn't like what you can achieve without bleach. Then I'd do a full head bleach probably start with 3% leave around half inch at the root, when the hair has lifted to a level 7 then apply bleach +3% to the roots leave until it's an even 9 then tone with 9/31+ 9/73 with pastel.
She wanted to get away from an all over colour and have highlights. I have explain she won’t achieve that same look. Did say we could do full head highlights then tone but won’t be even all over.
So you would start off with lengths and end firsts at 3% then when reach a level 7 go in to the roots with 6% till even 9.
The tone with kp 9/31 +9/73 and pastel developer 1.9 %

Last edited:
She wanted to get away from an all over colour and have highlights. I have explain she won’t achieve that same look. Did say we could do full head highlights then tone but won’t be even all over.
So you would start off with lengths and end firsts at 3% then when reach a level 7 go in to the roots with 6% till even 9.
The tone with kp 9/31 +9/73 and pastel developer 1.9 %
Yeah that's what I would do , sorry 4% not 6% for the roots.
But if she doesn't want a full colour.
Then Dona full head of highlights and alternative bleach + 3% with 12/03 + 12%

Latest posts

Back