Wella help for vibrant coppery hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s okay, thanks for helping!

Still a halo of highlights do you mean? I was thinking I may go 7/34 this time or 7/34 + 7/4.. like you said before I could always intensify it more With the 7/4 next time!

would you tone with 8/43 instead of relights /34?
Thanks again! X

That’s okay, thanks for helping!

Still a halo of highlights do you mean? I was thinking I may go 7/34 this time or 7/34 + 7/4.. like you said before I could always intensify it more With the 7/4 next time!

would you tone with 8/43 instead of relights /34?
Thanks again! X
Yeah you could still do the halo of highlights. But you could after the highlights, put the 7/43 on all over. You'd still get the multi tone effect but it would be subtle. Or you can put your base 7/43 +7/4 on with the halo of highlights and then tone the highlights with 8/43 if you want the highlights to pop more

Thank you! So I attempted the halo today in a little gap I had.. but didn’t look much like a halo once they were in.. do I need to go more at an angle at the front? Rather than along the part?
Also I forgot to mention my client has bangs/a ‘peekaboo’ fringe and also layers.. will the halo still work? Do I need to pop a couple foils underneath?

thanks again! X

Attachments

• 69862AF7-CD2A-4826-AF86-4A4844966B7F.jpeg
    69862AF7-CD2A-4826-AF86-4A4844966B7F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
  • 15D72847-72EA-4257-B9F5-823ED0787700.jpeg
    15D72847-72EA-4257-B9F5-823ED0787700.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
If it's easier then just do half Head of highlights, but doing the halo, just means you can cover the same amount of hair with out taking so many sections. You need to start on a sharper angle and keep the foils flowing in one direction. It looks like you've got them splitting.

Perfect thank you! Would I start more at the front of the head on an angle and work my way around without it being in a parting? X

So this was the outcome, I was really happy with it- thank you☺️

She would like to re book for after lockdown asking for ‘roots and a bit of a colour touch up’

So would I do the same as before?
Halo highlights
Roots 50g 7/43 + 25g 7/0
Ends 50g 7/43

Toned with:
40g relights 0/34 + 1.9% 15 mins
Then went in with root colour 7/34 + 1.9% on highlights at roots to darken down a little
10 mins

Or would I not need to do the highlights this time around?

But would pulling the 7/34 through to ends over the old highlights make it darker in comparison to the 0/34?
So should I pull 0/34 through to the ends?

Thank you! X

Attachments

• 35FA211F-12A6-4676-B477-B5D3AD563CA6.jpeg
    35FA211F-12A6-4676-B477-B5D3AD563CA6.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 681BDBBA-5D34-4A71-973F-4F8D695B4A59.jpeg
    681BDBBA-5D34-4A71-973F-4F8D695B4A59.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 66
So this was the outcome, I was really happy with it- thank you☺

She would like to re book for after lockdown asking for ‘roots and a bit of a colour touch up’

So would I do the same as before?
Halo highlights
Roots 50g 7/43 + 25g 7/0
Ends 50g 7/43

Toned with:
40g relights 0/34 + 1.9% 15 mins
Then went in with root colour 7/34 + 1.9% on highlights at roots to darken down a little
10 mins

Or would I not need to do the highlights this time around?

But would pulling the 7/34 through to ends over the old highlights make it darker in comparison to the 0/34?
So should I pull 0/34 through to the ends?

Thank you! X
That's looks great! Well done!
I think next time I'd touch up the roots and then just refresh the ends with 0/34 becauese this is tone on tone. So it will keep the depth difference between the base and the highlights :)

That's looks great! Well done!
I think next time I'd touch up the roots and then just refresh the ends with 0/34 becauese this is tone on tone. So it will keep the depth difference between the base and the highlights :)
Thanks to you☺️

Okay perfect! Would it literally just be the tiny roots that have grown in?
And would you apply the 0/34 re lights straight away over everything else or would you do them as a toner once the roots are rinsed?

Thankyou! X

Thanks to you☺

Okay perfect! Would it literally just be the tiny roots that have grown in?
And would you apply the 0/34 re lights straight away over everything else or would you do them as a toner once the roots are rinsed?

Thankyou! X
I'd put the roots on the Regrowth, leave 10-15 mins then apply to the M.L.E and leave for the last15-20 mins you'll save yourself time :)

I'd put the roots on the Regrowth, leave 10-15 mins then apply to the M.L.E and leave for the last15-20 mins you'll save yourself time :)
Perfect, thanks so much! I will do that😊 x

My client said that she loved the colour last time and the blonde seems to have got really prominent so if they could be toned over a bit to blend in a little more subtly that would be great rather than adding anymore blonde..

So would you still do what we said?
It’s inevitable for the highlights to revert back to blonde I guess..

My client said that she loved the colour last time and the blonde seems to have got really prominent so if they could be toned over a bit to blend in a little more subtly that would be great rather than adding anymore blonde..

So would you still do what we said?
It’s inevitable for the highlights to revert back to blonde I guess..
Maybe do the 7/43 on the roots as normal and then I'd probably mix 7/43 +8/43 on the mid lengths and ends, that way the base will help deepen down the highlights.

Hi! Do you think an 8/43 would work on the roots for this client? Would 4% give enough lift?

I’m thinking of doing 50g 8/43 + 25g 8/0 (instead of 7/43 and 7/0) for the roots and then /34 relights through the mids/ends as she’s asked for the lightest copper, which I assume she wants to be lighter/brighter☺️
When I used thr /34 relights through the ends before I feel that went brighter!
Thank you x

Hi! Do you think an 8/43 would work on the roots for this client? Would 4% give enough lift?

I’m thinking of doing 50g 8/43 + 25g 8/0 (instead of 7/43 and 7/0) for the roots and then /34 relights through the mids/ends as she’s asked for the lightest copper, which I assume she wants to be lighter/brighter☺️
When I used thr /34 relights through the ends before I feel that went brighter!
Thank you x
Yeah that's fine, as long as its koleston on the roots?

So it’s usually colour touch and 4%

would it have to be KP and 6% instead? X

So it’s usually colour touch and 4%

would it have to be KP and 6% instead? X
Colour touch doesn't give lift, so if the client isn't an then it won't be an 8 after it.

Okay.. so would you use 8/34 and 8/0 with 6% in KP?

or stick to 7/43 and 7/0 in CT? Then use /34 relights through the ends to intensify and keep brightness..

this is her natural, I found scrolling up (this was before I coloured her hair though) X

Attachments

• 21F0984F-90DA-481E-A0AB-C7579BCA4CBE.png
    21F0984F-90DA-481E-A0AB-C7579BCA4CBE.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 14
You could pop a few highlights in it then use the 8/43 colour touch that will give you the brightest multi toned look.
Ot use koleston because obviously ct doesn't lift. So I f she's a 6 and you put and 8 ct on, all you'll get is a small amount of tonal deposit, it won't actually be rich and bright.
Using 7/43 + 7/0 won't give you a lighter result than you achieved before.

You could pop a few highlights in it then use the 8/43 colour touch that will give you the brightest multi toned look.
Ot use koleston because obviously ct doesn't lift. So I f she's a 6 and you put and 8 ct on, all you'll get is a small amount of tonal deposit, it won't actually be rich and bright.
Using 7/43 + 7/0 won't give you a lighter result than you achieved before.

just realised I never clicked send like 4 days back..

Okay thank you☺️
would KP give a harsh regrowth line?

Yes I meant 7/43 + 7/0 as in leave it as the same as that’s what we’ve previously done..

She was in today and I went with:
Roots: 23g 7/43 + 23g 8/43 + 23g 7/0
Ends: 60g /34 relights

Don’t think the 8/43 made too much of a difference though..

I think next time we will add more highlights or maybe try the shade in KP x

Hello,

I’m new to copper hair.. I have a client that’s now wanting me to do her colour too! She likes the vibrant coppers and likes the multi tonal look (first few pics).

im just wondering how I would achieve something like this on her already coloured golden/copper hair? I’ll attach a close upwhich shows her natural cool root of around a base 6.

I’m thinking of maybe adding some lighter bleach pieces throughout and maybe something along the lines of a 7/4 colour touch.. Maybe something different for the root as we don’t want it to glow?

would the colour work if I was to apply a global colour over the top of this colour (if I didn’t add highlights)? Would it just be less multi tonal and more flat?

Would you suggest lots of highlights so that I Can I achieve the vibrancy?

Not too sure on which route to take or colour choice.. What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance :)
Hello,

I’m new to copper hair.. I have a client that’s now wanting me to do her colour too! She likes the vibrant coppers and likes the multi tonal look (first few pics).

im just wondering how I would achieve something like this on her already coloured golden/copper hair? I’ll attach a close upwhich shows her natural cool root of around a base 6.

I’m thinking of maybe adding some lighter bleach pieces throughout and maybe something along the lines of a 7/4 colour touch.. Maybe something different for the root as we don’t want it to glow?

would the colour work if I was to apply a global colour over the top of this colour (if I didn’t add highlights)? Would it just be less multi tonal and more flat?

Would you suggest lots of highlights so that I Can I achieve the vibrancy?

Not too sure on which route to take or colour choice.. What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance :)
7/43 koleston with 6percent or 9 for more vibrancy

Latest posts

Back