Wella help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leigh28

Reaction score
IMG_8145.JPG

Illumina sorry for the abbreviation

A 9.1 isn't going to work toning those ends as I'd say she's around a 7/8 on the ends I think you need to prelighten it all. Then use your toners

A 9.1 isn't going to work toning those ends as I'd say she's around a 7/8 on the ends I think you need to prelighten it all. Then use your toners
Hi, yeh it was all prelightened using the balayage technique with the 7/81 on root drag.. An then used the 9/1 to tone..
any idea on what to use to re do which as similar to these pictures
Thank you

Go in with full head baby lights and balayage again it needs to be much lighter it's too dark and has too much warmth and a 9.1 won't work on the pic u posted as u the pic is around a 7/8 so u should have toned her ends with a 7/8 not a 9. Once it's lightened to a 9 the toners will work better x

Go in with full head baby lights and balayage again it needs to be much lighter it's too dark and has too much warmth and a 9.1 won't work on the pic u posted as u the pic is around a 7/8 so u should have toned her ends with a 7/8 not a 9. Once it's lightened to a 9 the toners will work better x
Thank you for your advise. figuratively speaking in general
What colours and techniques would you use to achieve the colours on the picture on the right hand side? X

For the top right id do babylights then root stretch with 5/81 and 6/16. Then balayage in foil to lighten all the mids and ends and lift to a level 9. Then I'd rinse and use 7/81 inch 7 for root toner and 9.60 10/69 and inch 8/69 for the mods and ends. The lower right pic I'd use guy tangs toners as he has good rose gold colours x

That's great thank you.. I do wonder though if the 5/81 An 6/16 maybe slightly darker than the pic? I think it's looks slightly lighter than a 7 but not as light as an 8? What do you think? X

Would you also do it all at the same time or in stages, for example the baby lights first and then rince an then do the balayage or al at the same time?
Just concerned at how long the colour will be on for An then making the baby light to much lighter than the foiled balayage?
Also I would tend to use colour wraps An I find it saves time but do you think foil would be better to help the colour take more effectively? Thanks again x

If your worried about it being too dark use 6/16 with 6 j don't think it looks a 7. No I would do babylights first which for me take the longest. Then root stretch so flood around foils then balayage. So all in 1 step it is time consuming but lovely effect. I normally spray out the baby lights wait till the balayage has lifted then rinse. You can do it in stages so babyloghts and root tint.. rinse then balayage and tone x and I wouldn't worry too much about the tint being left on a little longer than usual it's just the bleach I'm very wary of as it will keep lifting x

If your worried about it being too dark use 6/16 with 6 j don't think it looks a 7. No I would do babylights first which for me take the longest. Then root stretch so flood around foils then balayage. So all in 1 step it is time consuming but lovely effect. I normally spray out the baby lights wait till the balayage has lifted then rinse. You can do it in stages so babyloghts and root tint.. rinse then balayage and tone x and I wouldn't worry too much about the tint being left on a little longer than usual it's just the bleach I'm very wary of as it will keep lifting x
Yes that what I was worried about, with the bleach but I'll spray out the baby lights as you suggested.. thank you for all your help. X

For the top right id do babylights then root stretch with 5/81 and 6/16. Then balayage in foil to lighten all the mids and ends and lift to a level 9. Then I'd rinse and use 7/81 inch 7 for root toner and 9.60 10/69 and inch 8/69 for the mods and ends. The lower right pic I'd use guy tangs toners as he has good rose gold colours x
Update on colour.. made some miner changes.. so went for full head babylights flooded foots An mids of old root colour with 5/81 7/81 and 6/16 An bleach with 9 for balayage then toned babylights root area with 7/0 An toned balayage with 10/69! Love it! So much better than the starting photo!!
IMG_8477.JPG

Update on colour.. made some miner changes.. so went for full head babylights flooded foots An mids of old root colour with 5/81 7/81 and 6/16 An bleach with 9 for balayage then toned babylights root area with 7/0 An toned balayage with 10/69! Love it! So much better than the starting photo!! View attachment 206240
*Flooded roots.. thanks for advice x

You've done an amazing job here well done ! What developer did you use to flood? X

You've done an amazing job here well done ! What developer did you use to flood? X
6%.. yes I am really please the the out come. Happy all round x

Wow that’s stunning [emoji173]️ I’m new to illumina, how does it differ to regular KP and do you have to use different peroxide or is it the same as wella Kp peroxide’s

Wow that’s stunning [emoji173]️ I’m new to illumina, how does it differ to regular KP and do you have to use different peroxide or is it the same as wella Kp peroxide’s
Thank you. Illumina is a ash violet based tones.. they are used with kp peroxides. I love them for a cool sashes x

Thank you. Illumina is a ash violet based tones.. they are used with kp peroxides. I love them for a cool sashes x
*shades

Latest posts

Back