Wella help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of 7/81, do you think this mustard is light enough to be covered with 7/81

Attachments

• 781.jpg
    781.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 7811.jpg
    7811.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 78111.jpg
    78111.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 43
Speaking of 7/81, do you think this mustard is light enough to be covered with 7/81
Personally I think it's to orange, it needs to be more of a pale yellow. I would double tone if you can not lift it to that. I would first use 10/69 with 1.9% for 10-20 mins then rinse An put 7/81 mixed with 10/69 An 1.9% if yuu are wanting a slightly grey effect.. however this would work best on ore lightened hair to a pale yellow..

Go in with full head baby lights and balayage again it needs to be much lighter it's too dark and has too much warmth and a 9.1 won't work on the pic u posted as u the pic is around a 7/8 so u should have toned her ends with a 7/8 not a 9. Once it's lightened to a 9 the toners will work better x

I always stay on level or 1 up when toning other. If you go to high it won't cancel out any in wanted tones.

Personally I think it's to orange, it needs to be more of a pale yellow. I would double tone if you can not lift it to that. I would first use 10/69 with 1.9% for 10-20 mins then rinse An put 7/81 mixed with 10/69 An 1.9% if yuu are wanting a slightly grey effect.. however this would work best on ore lightened hair to a pale yellow..
Usually I bleach his hair and then tone with Illumina 8/1. This time he experimented with lightening his own hair using some trashy home bleaching kit... You saw the result... This morning I toned him with 7/81 because I had never used this color and I wanted to see how strong it is in toning really yellow orange hair. I also cut his hair. In two week I`ll do what I usually do (bleach and tone Illumina 8/1).

What I usually do:6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

This time: 1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png

Usually I bleach his hair and then tone with Illumina 8/1. This time he experimented with lightening his own hair using some trashy home bleaching kit... You saw the result... This morning I toned him with 7/81 because I had never used this color and I wanted to see how strong it is in toning really yellow orange hair. I also cut his hair. In two week I`ll do what I usually do (bleach and tone Illumina 8/1).

What I usually do:View attachment 206252 View attachment 206253 View attachment 206254 View attachment 206255

This time: View attachment 206262 View attachment 206263 View attachment 206264 View attachment 206265 View attachment 206266 View attachment 206267
Well that looks better than the orange lol that will teach him for using trashy home bleach

Hello ladies sorry what do u mean by flooding the root area please thanks

Hello ladies sorry what do u mean by flooding the root area please thanks
Flooding means, applying a root tint, so if you was to do highlights, and a root colour, you would flood the roots with said shade, so the base colour and highlights developed together.

Flooding means, applying a root tint, so if you was to do highlights, and a root colour, you would flood the roots with said shade, so the base colour and highlights developed together.
Thank you for your reply .... I get what you mean I think but wouldn’t it create warmth like a bleed ? If ur putting the root colour on inbetween the foils and root colour goes into the foil will that not become orange... or do a I do an entire foil application, apply the root colour remove the foils and drag the root colour onto the highlighted hair but leaving the bleach on it ? Sorry to be a pain lol but I’m thinking OMG would I be creating a warmth colour like a bleed or is that ok and only used on light root colour maybe ? Sorry to be asking all this but I’ve been so helpful and you seem to have the knowledge to help me with this ... thanks in advance

Thank you for your reply .... I get what you mean I think but wouldn’t it create warmth like a bleed ? If ur putting the root colour on inbetween the foils and root colour goes into the foil will that not become orange... or do a I do an entire foil application, apply the root colour remove the foils and drag the root colour onto the highlighted hair but leaving the bleach on it ? Sorry to be a pain lol but I’m thinking OMG would I be creating a warmth colour like a bleed or is that ok and only used on light root colour maybe ? Sorry to be asking all this but I’ve been so helpful and you seem to have the knowledge to help me with this ... thanks in advance
It's exactly the same as doing roots and foils lol. So you either highlight the whole head and apply a root tint or full tint between the foils. Or you apply your root tint as you're highlighting. You shouldn't get bleed marks.

It's exactly the same as doing roots and foils lol. So you either highlight the whole head and apply a root tint or full tint between the foils. Or you apply your root tint as you're highlighting. You shouldn't get bleed marks.
Ahhh ok ok I seee got it , thank you just a different name to doing roots between foils , thanks again

Latest posts

Back