Wella help

Kylieee

Hi everyone..

Im new to wella, I love the results that I see online of wella. Would anyone give me any advice on how to get better knowledge on wella. Also I'm not great at formulating colours. I'm not sure if I over complicate things or I'm to nervous to do it incase it doesnt go right. Please can someone give me advice on how to become better at understanding formulating colours.

ronray

Hi everyone..

Im new to wella, I love the results that I see online of wella. Would anyone give me any advice on how to get better knowledge on wella. Also I'm not great at formulating colours. I'm not sure if I over complicate things or I'm to nervous to do it incase it doesnt go right. Please can someone give me advice on how to become better at understanding formulating colours.
If you check out their website, they have a few free courses on there, starting at basic levels and then progressing to colour correction etc.
In the future you may benefit from going on a course, colour correction probably would be useful one, these usually include problem solving and tips for formulating :)

Kylieee

Thank you. That's so helpful . I will do that .

ronray

Thank you. That's so helpful . I will do that .
In the meantime if you have anything you need help with, you're welcome to message me :)

Kylieee

In the meantime if you have anything you need help with, you're welcome to message me :)
Yes actually could u help me with what would be the benefit of using illumina over colour touch for a toner on bleach and tone?.. I see people use it and I just dont no why people wouldnt use a permanent over demi for toning

ronray

So with illumina the coverage is sheer, its naturally more violet than colour touch or koleston. There are different tones available in illumina that aren't available in CT. If you use illumina with the post colour treatment (which lowers the P. H) then you can create a gloss which will deposit tone only and leave the hair in beautiful condition.

Kylieee

Oh you explained that so well. Thank you. Is there any formulas you would recommend for platinum blonde. My client has fine texture hair and is in lovely condition. We are going to do a bleach and tone. I'm going to be using a p.h treatment as well. I know to lift low and slow to keep integrity of the hair . If shes lifts well her aim is to get to a colour like kim Kardashians or like this models hair. What would u suggest.

Attachments

ronray

Oh you explained that so well. Thank you. Is there any formulas you would recommend for platinum blonde. My client has fine texture hair and is in lovely condition. We are going to do a bleach and tone. I'm going to be using a p.h treatment as well. I know to lift low and slow to keep integrity of the hair . If shes lifts well her aim is to get to a colour like kim Kardashians or like this models hair. What would u suggest.
Yeah to achieve this you'll have to lift the hair to a 10.
You have a few options really.
Colour touch 1parts 10/81+ 1part 9/16 +3parts 10/6.
Koleston 1part 10/86 + 2 parts 10/16
Koleston 8/69 + 10/8 or 9/8
Illumina 1 part 9/60 + 2 parts 10/1 could do this as a gloss! - it would be amazing.
These formulas are obviously just guides, you may need to play around with them a little to get it perfect for your client. :)

Kylieee

Oh you are so helpful. Thank you thank you!! How do I get so knowledgeable like you?

ronray

Oh you are so helpful. Thank you thank you!! How do I get so knowledgeable like you?
Thank you :) I'd say 90% of it is theory and 10% practice/experience. Whenever you look at a new colour situation.... Strip it back to basics, revert right back to your training. The colour wheel is your best friend! I mean I have done a few different courses with wella, and framesi. But I literally just studied wella so I know it like the back of my hand and that really helps :)