Wella hi lift tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizziemitch

Reaction score
Hi,just wondering if anyone can recomend a colour in kolestion hilift?
I have a client who normally has bleach hi lites and her base is about a 6 and she has decided she would like an all over tint now.
Her hair is quite bleached through middle to ends ,id love any ideas ,thank you :) x
Sent from my G.i T-I9100 using SalonGeek

Idea of what colour your clients aiming for might help, if she going from blonde you'll need to tone down the ends with a semi

just depends on what kind of colour she wants. all the highlifts are gunna lift up warm regardless, i dont know why they shouldnt really but they all tend to have a warm cast so id recommend using something like 12/81 with 12% (just be extra careful not to overlap on bleach or it will go purple) then be ready with a depth 9 with warm tones to tone down the ends a little, something like 9/03 in colour touch or if its a little bit warmer on root something like 9/04 in kolosten(will look an horrible purpley sort of colour when on but dont worry) on mid lengths and ends should help blend it through, but keep checking on it :)

She would like to be as light as she can go without bleach,i tryed talking her out of it but she has defo made her mind up . Need to go study me colourchart lol x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

12/81 will give you the best lift, but id try my hardest to convince her that bleach is the best way for the amount of lift she needs. or just do bleach and dont tell her she'll never know.

because of all these ridiculous people damaging hair with bleach, whether professional or not people are scared of having bleach on their hair, i personally love bleach, i mean it lifts and you can achieve a wider spectrum of tones when toning after. if you use bleach properly it shouldnt damage the hair too much.

dont show her the colour chart though cause it puts unachievable ideas in their head, she might like the look of 10/16 but theres no way you're gunna achieve that colour with tint on a base 6 its a bleach and tone scenario.

Hmm thanx for that as I was thinking bout bleaching then a nice toner after think I might go ahead with that as always feel a bit dissapointed with hi lift to be honest I always thought I was picking the wrong hi lift!
What toners do u use ,i normally go with dia richesse ,do use colourtouch?

Hmm thanx for that as I was thinking bout bleaching then a nice toner after think I might go ahead with that as always feel a bit dissapointed with hi lift to be honest I always thought I was picking the wrong hi lift!

I'd recommend a scalp bleach and a toner to be honest.
i don't have much faith in an highlift and i find them more damaging, as you have to use with a higher peroxide than bleach and quite dull.
Also this way you can tone all over evenly rather than a different tint on roots and ends trying to match them up.

and where toning's concerned, id say it depends what tone you're looking for, i use affinage, and i'd use a 9,23 in either the permanent range with 10% or as a quasi. any beige toners would be lovely :)

Thank you for ya help,mind is made up now:)
So glad it not just me that dont get on with hi lift Ive only use wella hilift maybe other makes are better.
I do miss other peoples advice only down side of mobile ! X

yeah i use colour touch, kolosten and colour fresh. ive used the odd luo colour before in the past for toning, like P01 and P02 which are gorgeous, but they dont last quite aslong on pre lightened hair like colour touch or kolosten :) ive heard the dia lights are lovely too :)

Well tomorrows the day and im gonna go for bleach and tone defo,thanx for all ya help :)
X

Thank you for ya help,mind is made up now:)
So glad it not just me that dont get on with hi lift Ive only use wella hilift maybe other makes are better.
I do miss other peoples advice only down side of mobile ! X

I use Wella i think hi lifts are great on base 7 and above :) any darker i bleach and tone x

Well I have one happy client I done bleach then dia light 9.03 and it looks amazing ,,even if I say so myself lol :) x

Latest posts

Back