Wella highlift and special mix

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kriskelly84

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a question for you.
I have a client who has based 6N , and she would be 10 A . I applied the color Wella Koleston Perfect 12/11 with 40 volumes for 50 minutes without heat in the dark roots , and another 5 minutes emulsified in lengths .The resulting color is cool silver but the customer is not satisfied because she says that after a few weeks there is a yellow odious especially in the area surrounding the roots.
I thought I'd try the 12/89 to countering the yellow with the special 0/81 but mix' %?
I would use : 60 g 12/89----- 3 g 0/81------120 g welloxon 12% Is it right?

Hello,
I have a client who has based 6N , and she would be 10 A . I applied the color Wella Koleston Perfect 12/11 with 40 volumes for 50 minutes without heat in the dark roots , and another 5 minutes emulsified in lengths .The resulting color is cool silver but the customer is not satisfied because she says that after a few weeks there is a yellow odious especially in the area surrounding the roots.
I thought I'd try the 12/89 to countering the yellow with the special 0/81 but mix' %?

What do you mean yellow odious? You could try that formula for next time but you should be toning the ends with colour touch. Using special blonde on previous lightened hair will make it to porous and making it fade faster x

What do you mean yellow odious? You could try that formula for next time but you should be toning the ends with colour touch. Using special blonde on previous lightened hair will make it to porous and making it fade faster x
I will apply the highlift color only in the dark roots but in the area of the roots after few weeks there is yellow glow.How come?

Im not sure. What shampoo is she using? She should be using a silver shampoo if this keeps happening

He
Im not sure. What shampoo is she using? She should be using a silver shampoo if this keeps happening
llo,
She is using L'oreal silver shampoo once a week but the big problem is that
the color goes yellow and above all there is a yellowish halo near the roots.I use Wella color and only Wella product in the salon

You caneed emulsify the special mix through the ends, it is a recognised and recommended refresh by wella.

Hello,

You could do that. Also the development with the special blondes is recommended as 1 hour without heat so maybe leave it on for a bit longer.

This happened to me when doing a client recently, colour was spot on when she left the salon but a couple of weeks later a brassiness started coming through. I think I didn't leave the high lift tint on long enough and although it lifted the dark roots it must of masked the warm tones by depositing tint..don't know how but left if on longer the next ten and it was fine xx

This happened to me when doing a client recently, colour was spot on when she left the salon but a couple of weeks later a brassiness started coming through. I think I didn't leave the high lift tint on long enough and although it lifted the dark roots it must of masked the warm tones by depositing tint..don't know how but left if on longer the next ten and it was fine xx
What is the number of wella color that you use?how long is the pose?

I would use an another formula: 30 g 12/89 , 5 g 0\81, 60 g welloxon 12% and I'd apply for 60 minutes only in the dark roots.After the pose'time I emulsified with water the color in the lenghts and leave it for other 5 minutes.

How many is afew weeks?
When it needs redoing?
Surely its just her natural undertones coming back through?
You could recommended a blue shampoo to stop her coppery tones coming back (joico do one)

But I'd bleach and tone if it were me x

How many is afew weeks?
When it needs redoing?
Surely its just her natural undertones coming back through?
You could recommended a blue shampoo to stop her coppery tones coming back (joico do one)

But I'd bleach and tone if it were me x

Her hair turn yellow after 3 weeks especially in the area near the roots . Once every 4 months I do highlights on her hair to have cool effect.Every 4 weeks I dye her roots.

Her hair turn yellow after 3 weeks especially in the area near the roots . Once every 4 months I do highlights on her hair to have cool effect.Every 4 weeks I dye her roots.
I've always been told by the wella educators that /11 tone is actually a really lazy tone, and is only ideal for base 7 upwards.
I would definitely recommend using 12/81, also if you go with any of the mentioned above, I've always been told when you add mix tone, to add the developer accordingly, so if you added 5g of /81 mix tone to 30g of 12/89 then you would need 65g of your chosen developer

Latest posts

Back