Wella highlift instead of bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaussie

Reaction score
hi all

I have been doing a scalp bleach on my client (natural level 7-8) for a while now however want to transition her to a tint at her request (she wants to give the lightened a break).

She has finer hair and lifts really cleanly - I only ever need to use pastel and she comes up to a 10 in about 35mins.

I tone her with CT 9/16 so need to formulate a root shade to match.

Would 12/16 + 9% do the trick? Or do I need something cooler?

Why does she want to change from lighteners to highlift tint? As the 40vol will be much more damaging to her hair than the 10vol! Seems a shame to change it

hi all

I have been doing a scalp bleach on my client (natural level 7-8) for a while now however want to transition her to a tint at her request (she wants to give the lightened a break).

She has finer hair and lifts really cleanly - I only ever need to use pastel and she comes up to a 10 in about 35mins.

stick to bleach! clients think they know everything, 20Volume Wella Blondor multi blonde full processing time is less damaging than Wella. 12 series high lift tint 30 volume full processing time. Again, stick to bleach. High lift tint is a just a light colour loaded with extra ammonia to lift fractionally more, bleaches however only have one job, to lift and they do it well and much more efficiently than anything else.

hi all

I would try 12/89, cleanest lift you will get. I personally avoid bleaching fine hair. I would use highlift over bleach any day, but you also have to consider the fact that the results of a highlift are not going to be the same as bleaching the hair

I agree . Bleach gives the cleanest lift and best results in achieving a pastel blonde . However on fragile hair it can leave it more prone to breakage even with a lower volume of peroxide . The actual process of bleaching causes the hair to swell and I personally do not feel it is any kinder to the hair than highlift tint and 30/40 vol

Wella 12/81 highlift I find lifts the cleanest pearl/ash blonde - it goes purple on the roots when processing so do not overlap but when shampood off purple washes away. I always leave all my hi lift tints 60 mins to process fully - any less and you risk brassy roots!

Latest posts

Back