SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devshair

Reaction score
Hi all first post!

While in quarantine my sister has lightened her hair with blonder soft blonde cream.

She’s wanting to get to wella illumina 10/69.

Is this base light enough or would she need to lift again?

Thank you

Attachments

• 8C08A696-3249-4BED-836C-0E1EF6538814.jpeg
    8C08A696-3249-4BED-836C-0E1EF6538814.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 1567F525-7FC9-49D8-93BC-DE7E1A7722E8.jpeg
    1567F525-7FC9-49D8-93BC-DE7E1A7722E8.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 91
Sorry, it’s against the site rules to provide technical colour advice to untrained diy-ers.

Thanks @AcidPerm for your reply and your assumptions but I am level 3 qualified not an “untrained diy-er” as you so politely put it, just haven’t used the 10/69 before so was after some advice on using it on this base. Especially as it looks very porous. Never mind though. Thanks anyway.

You’re wanting advice to pass on to an untrained person.
It’s your first post on the forum and you’ve not followed the guidance in the pinned post.

what more can I say? :)

I’m not wanting to pass on any advice? Again, that is your ASSUMPTION. I am looking for advice for myself to do it once lockdown has lifted? I am sorry if I have posted incorrectly, but like you say, it’s my first post and all I wanted was some advice from some like minded people? But clearly that isn’t allowed on this forum? Literally can’t believe the welcome. Thank you so much though!

I’m sorry you feel unwelcome. Maybe if you’d read the pinned post and followed the guidance... you could have said you’re a qualified hairdresser and you’ll be doing her hair once lockdown restrictions are lifted.

You actually wrote...

While in quarantine my sister has lightened her hair with blonder soft blonde cream.
She’s wanting to get to wella illumina 10/69.
Is this base light enough or would she need to lift again?

I’m not trying to make assumptions, I based my replies entirely on the information you provided.

Lots of people are doing their hair whilst in lockdown. I understand that.

We continue to advise Untrained people against colouring their own hair because we know that some will get it very wrong and will end up with fried hair or worse still, an allergic reaction because they didn’t bother doing a Skin test.

This really isn’t the time for taking unnecessary risks and having to be treated in A&E for a serious allergic reaction.

Yes @AcidPerm while in quarantine SHE did lighten her hair. Against my recommendation may I add. That’s what happen when Sally’s and Capital supply to anyone unfortunately. I completely agree with your stance on not advising untrained people and helping to ensure they do not waste precious hospitals time but I have infact made it clear a number of times that I am not asking you to do that.

The wording on the end was my mistake, I do apologise, as I already have earlier in the thread, When I said would she need to lift it again I meant would IT need lifting again or would a 10/69 just cover it as it is.

If I had known it was this much trouble to seek advice on this forum I wouldn’t of asked. Also please send my apologies to the grammar police. More than happy to send you a copy of my certificate if you would like, but clearly you’ve got no help or advice to my question anyway, or are unwilling to provide it. I again apologise for writing the post wrong, I have not used this before and was unaware of “pinned posts”. Not to worry though.

Latest posts

Back