Wella Illumina and Instamatics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat42

Reaction score
I tone my bleached hair with illumina 10/1 mixed with 9/60 for a ashy grey, once it is rinsed out and completely dry could I apply instamatic on top?

I keep reading there not intermixable with each other and now I cant stop worrying :L lol. But this just means dont mix the products, it will be ok to apply instamatic after illumina is washed out and dry?

I also cant decide whether to mix the instamatics with 1.9% or 4% colour touch, how vibrant do they come out?

Thanks.

There is absolutely no reason why you can't put Instamatic over the top. I did 9/43 in illumina and then overlayed pink dream Instamatic after I had rinsed. Absolutely lovely. You're the artist!!

There is absolutely no reason why you can't put Instamatic over the top. I did 9/43 in illumina and then overlayed pink dream Instamatic after I had rinsed. Absolutely lovely. You're the artist!!

Thanks very much :) thought that was the case but just wanted to check :)
did you use 1.9% or 4%? i

m wanting to use pink dream at the roots, fade into mauve then into ocean storm! I usually just use them conditioning dyes for a pop of colour but I just spyed instamatic when I was buying my illumina in my local capital beauty store and fancyed giving it ago! :)

What it means by no intermixing is that you cant mix the two colours together in the same bowl. You could do 4% in the roots to make it slightly deeper then 1.9% in the ends.

1.9% will deposit more than 4%

Yeah I was thinking to doing darker pink faded to lighter pink, but I was just going to add clear instamatic to some for the ends and use the same % will this not work better?
Think I'm gonna stick to 1.9% I don't want to wash it out and hardly be able to see it, but I don't want it bright either.

I tone my bleached hair with illumina 10/1 mixed with 9/60 for a ashy grey, once it is rinsed out and completely dry could I apply instamatic on top?

I keep reading there not intermixable with each other and now I cant stop worrying :L lol. But this just means dont mix the products, it will be ok to apply instamatic after illumina is washed out and dry?

I also cant decide whether to mix the instamatics with 1.9% or 4% colour touch, how vibrant do they come out?

Thanks.

4% and 1:1 ;)

Latest posts

Back