Wella Illumina & Instamatic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppyisland

Reaction score
Hi!
My friend has base 5 and bleach h/l.
She fancied a change and seen a lady up at the school our kids go to with hair that she would like. (Bright copper/peach colour, I’m on maternity leave at the moments so no colour chart)
So thought I’d ask what she had on her hair.
Turns out she’s a hairdresser and said she had lots of different colours on but what she would do was illumina 9.43 9% all over, wash off And pink dream instamatic over it for 30mins. We use a bit of wella at work but never the instamatic before.
Iv done this but it hasn’t covered the blonde very well and has picked up more of the pink than the copper colour.
I personally would have done the 9.43 9% roots and then 3% on the rest. Then the pink.
I’m going to refresh it on Friday, any suggestions on what would be best to refresh with?
Roots are perfect but I’m thinking maybe a copper semi?
Il have a look in the warehouse at the colour charts when I pop up.
Thanks

Did you put 9/43 with 9% over the blonde?

Also if your client is naturally a 5, why did you chose to use 9% on the roots and not 12%?

I just did what the hairdresser had said she would do, I’m not familiar with the range. the roots and Unhighlighted hair were perfect it’s just the ends that need refreshing.
It’s been 3 weeks since I did it and it has faded in the ends x

Colour touch 8/43+10/0 with 1.9%is your best option. Or colour touch relights /34 +4%.
Are you applying pink over the top or the copper?

Thank you!
I’m going to do the copper as she wants more copper/peach than pink x

Latest posts

Back