Wella Illumina

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halafihi101

Reaction score
Just a quick random question, at what point do I need to pre-pig there’s 2 colours I’m wondering if they can go straight over blondes.. illumina 6/16 (just as a toner over blonde with pastel) will it go green? And 6/17 CT I’m wanting to do as a root smudge with 1.9 will that look ok? (both colours are over a base 10

Just a quick random question, at what point do I need to pre-pig there’s 2 colours I’m wondering if they can go straight over blondes.. illumina 6/16 (just as a toner over blonde with pastel) will it go green? And 6/17 CT I’m wanting to do as a root smudge with 1.9 will that look ok? (both colours are over a base 10
I don't pre pig with either of these formulas. 6/71 is a very versatile colour and can pretty much be applied to any colour. Obviously the result differs, but I've never gotten green from using 6/71.
As for 6/16 it can be used on lighter bases, but you d have to be careful as it is flat and can leave the hair looking dull. But it's great to reduce warmer tones when deepening the hair.

Thanks so much :)

I don't pre pig with either of these formulas. 6/71 is a very versatile colour and can pretty much be applied to any colour. Obviously the result differs, but I've never gotten green from using 6/71.
As for 6/16 it can be used on lighter bases, but you d have to be careful as it is flat and can leave the hair looking dull. But it's great to reduce warmer tones when deepening the hair.
Sorry to interrupt your post again Ronray (wish I could pick your brain all day) same question but CT 8.71?would that 7 be enough red to go over a level 10?

I would use 6/71. 6/16 might look very flat and dull. I wouldn’t try it.

Sorry to interrupt your post again Ronray (wish I could pick your brain all day) same question but CT 8.71?would that 7 be enough red to go over a level 10?
If you want a cool result yes :)

Latest posts

Back