Wella Koleston 10/11 on base 6 hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I was wondering what the result of 10/11 + 40vol would be on my hair?My hair is naturally a base of a 6 and In the salon they used 12.1 last time but find it's very light but glowing.
So I thought maybe bringing the shade down aswell might help? With yellow glow?
A 10 base would blend on my blonde hair by the way.

..……

Last edited:
Thanks,
So I've attatched a picture(has been toned btw) will a 10/16 blend well?

Attachments

• IMG-20130103-12893.jpg
    IMG-20130103-12893.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 26,589
Are you meaning to lift your base 6 roots? Or to tone down your blonde?
If it's to lift your base 6, a Wella base 10 with 40 vol wouldn't lift to a level 10. You need a high lift. If it's too blonde, maybe a base 9 with 40 vol?

Are you meaning to lift your base 6 roots? Or to tone down your blonde?
If it's to lift your base 6, a Wella base 10 with 40 vol wouldn't lift to a level 10. You need a high lift. If it's too blonde, maybe a base 9 with 40 vol?

Yeah to lift my natural when it comes through!
See I am new to being blonde so as we used 12.1 and 40vol last time maybe we should give 12.11 and 40vol next time?

I've just read your profile and it doesn't make sense.

You're an assistant who started in 2008 and you use l'oreal.

Sorry if I'm wrong but we can't give info on here to non hair pros.

I've just read your profile and it doesn't make sense.

You're an assistant who started in 2008 and you use l'oreal.

Sorry if I'm wrong but we can't give info on here to non hair pros.

Unfortunately the info was incorrect. Didn't realise I had a profile to fill infomation for, only nooticed just as you've mentioned.
It has now been amended and I am a qualified hair stylist and have been for a year now.

Unfortunately the info was incorrect. Didn't realise I had a profile to fill infomation for, only nooticed just as you've mentioned.
It has now been amended and I am a qualified hair stylist and have been for a year now.

If you want to lift base 6 why not use 12/89 with 40vol

If you want to lift base 6 why not use 12/89 with 40vol

Yes thank you I shall use that in 6weeks when my roots are through!
And will update the result

if you ue 40vol/12% with a 10 it will be very yellow, the 40 vol will eat on the cool pigments of a level 10, i would rather use 10/ 8 and 6%/20 vol or 9%/30vol.

if you ue 40vol/12% with a 10 it will be very yellow, the 40 vol will eat on the cool pigments of a level 10, i would rather use 10/ 8 and 6%/20 vol or 9%/30vol.

10/8 will do nothing 12:89 is a better choice

10/8 will do nothing 12:89 is a better choice

Hiya, can someone confirm if i'm safe to use 12/89 on scalp with 40vol ? Its not often I use 40 but need to lift these roots up tomorrow. X.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362422993.789647.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362422993.789647.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 13,229
Hiya, can someone confirm if i'm safe to use 12/89 on scalp with 40vol ? Its not often I use 40 but need to lift these roots up tomorrow. X.

is your client a 6 ? its hard to tell in pic as she has high lights next to it so will make roots look darker ;-) xx

is your client a 6 ? its hard to tell in pic as she has high lights next to it so will make roots look darker ;-) xx

Yep it does you're right id say its more like a 7! Shes been having highlights (with someone else) but wants a full colour - no bleach. Was hoping 30vol would be ok? She doesn't want it really white just natural blonde xx

Oh and would you do roots, blast then match ends up to roots after? Xx

i use highlift on scalp , of course after a skin test ;-). have you tried 12/96 yet? xx

i use highlift on scalp , of course after a skin test ;-). have you tried 12/96 yet? xx

Well i have but only used it as a toner (saw this is a slapable offence) but not as a highlift!
Do u think that would be better? I picked the 12/89 as the /8 is blue? And there will be some orange undertone. I know you are the wella tone queen so I'm sure you'll know best. Do you think it will lift to about a 9/10? X

Either will work really nicely 12/89 12/96 :) . It will lift to a 9. It won't be too light. Then pop a toner throughout to even the colour out ;-). X x

Latest posts

Back