Wella Koleston advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire575

Reaction score
I have a client who had koleston perfect me 8/0 with 6% full head tint pre lockdown. She wants to go a bit lighter, I have decided on 10/0 and 10/16 with 9% to avoid too much warmth. I want to do mid lengths and ends first, to avoid hot hoots. Would you still used 9% on the roots or mix with some 6%? She has a fair amount of grey, but need the 9% to lift.

I have a client who had koleston perfect me 8/0 with 6% full head tint pre lockdown. She wants to go a bit lighter, I have decided on 10/0 and 10/16 with 9% to avoid too much warmth. I want to do mid lengths and ends first, to avoid hot hoots. Would you still used 9% on the roots or mix with some 6%? She has a fair amount of grey, but need the 9% to lift.
Depending on how much the ends have faded. I’d consider using 12% on the ends. Only because as a rule tint doesn’t lift tint. But in my experience 10/0 is an exception to the rule when mixed with 12%. You could use 10/0 + 10/16 with 12% on the M.LE first then go back through with 9% on the roots.
Also just so you know a level 10 won’t give 100% white coverage with any developer Strength, so if you’re toying between 9% and 6% go for the 9% to ensure you get the desired lift.
As for the white hairs, they will be much less noticeable and the tint will still deposit tone so no need to panic.

Depending on how much the ends have faded. I’d consider using 12% on the ends. Only because as a rule tint doesn’t lift tint. But in my experience 10/0 is an exception to the rule when mixed with 12%. You could use 10/0 + 10/16 with 12% on the M.LE first then go back through with 9% on the roots.
Also just so you know a level 10 won’t give 100% white coverage with any developer Strength, so if you’re toying between 9% and 6% go for the 9% to ensure you get the desired lift.
As for the white hairs, they will be much less noticeable and the tint will still deposit tone so no need to panic.
That's great reassurance thankyou 😊 the MLE isn't too light, she sent me a photo from about a month or so ago. I think 9% should do it, bit wanted to double check. My plan is 30ml 10/0 mix with 15ml 10/16 with 9% MLE for 25 mins then roots just for 15-20 watching. Want to get the most even coverage. She is refusing highlights. (New client has always had a full head colour)

Attachments

• IMG_20210214_123327_922.jpg
    IMG_20210214_123327_922.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 54

Latest posts

Back